Who we are:
Agworld’s mission is to connect the industry, we want to initiate changes that are positive in the agricultural industry with solutions that drive sustainable food production, and you can be a part of that too! If you can see yourself getting behind a company that wants to keep the world fed, ethically, then you would fit in here! We are independently owned, to ensure we’re always making decisions that are best for our customers, by Canadian company Semios.
We are an independent, privately owned company offering a data management software platform for both farmers and their trusted advisors. We help farmers run their businesses more sustainably both ecologically and economically. Our primary geographies are the US and Australia, with a strong presence in Canada, New Zealand and South Africa as well.
To support our growth, we are hiring an Account Executive to work with our North America team serving the US and Canada. Attention to detail, good communication skills and a get it done attitude will thrive in this role.
Watch a short video to learn more about Agworld and how they connect the agricultural industry digitally.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2022) – Selected as winner of the "Precision Agriculture Solutions of the Year" award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- THRIVE - Top 50 Global AgTech (2022) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
The primary function of the Account Executive is to accelerate the growth of sales within the designated region ensuring alignment across departments within the business in order to maximize revenue. The role will be most effective by collaborating with the VP of Sales and US President in the developing and executing of sales strategies and undertaking business development activity. This role will identify and deliver new opportunities in the market, grow revenue from Agworld’s existing client base and collaborate on a sustainable strategy for future growth. This rile will work with the VP of Sales to achieve revenue goals and develop sales plans that drive growth within the grower and agronomy markets.
What you will do:
- Achieve new business sales targets
- Achieve account expansion targets
- Cultivate strong relationships with retailers and large growers to develop customer loyalty and increase brand awareness
- Monitor the marketplace and analyze opportunities, providing competitive analysis, strategies, and tactics
- Stay well-connected with customers to ensure broad market needs are being incorporated into the product development and enhancement cycle
- Identify and resolve issues across the marketing/sales and account management functions
- Lead contract negotiations with large clients
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or another relevant field.
- 2+ years in sales
- Experience in executing business strategy and managing a sales pipeline.
- Experience utilizing a CRM
- Attention to detail
Nice to have:
- Familiarity working with software applications and data
- Sales and/or customer success experience
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Training and development opportunities through in-class learning and on-the-job training
- Work with cutting-edge technology
- Flexible working arrangements and strong work-life balance culture
- Paid Vacation, Sick days and Holidays
- Health benefits and 401k
Semios and Agworld welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.
Something looks off?