Project Specialist - Product Operations
Who we are:
We are a bunch of people who really care about agriculture, food and the challenges facing farming. We want to help farmers with data driven decision making to help nature feed a growing population. Join our team of expert engineers, agronomists, entomologists, crop researchers, and data scientists who are continually conducting research to help drive innovation in agriculture.
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With 500 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks. We are in a high growth phase with 2021 seeing us expand into Italy, Australia and Spain.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2022) – Selected as winner of the "Precision Agriculture Solutions of the Year" award.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Who you are:
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as helping the world reduce the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team spirit with the opportunity to learn and grow as you take the initiative to try new things.
This role is an integral part of bringing new product offerings from concept to commercialization. You are the bridge between product, partners, supply chain, manufacturing and field engineering teams during the design and productization phases of in-field solutions, mapping our product offerings to the hardware and services that are required to execute them. You come from a Product Management, project management, field service/deployment team, engineering, Supply Chain, or Manufacturing environment with a strong communication and process background - and have worked closely with most the roles above in previous capacity.
You bridge the ‘what’ to the ‘how’, and are fundamentally pragmatic and action oriented. You develop and implement workflows, and bridging and building tools to connect the teams and systems. You own the forecast and field implementation BOMs for all our products.
You are energized by working in cross functional settings with internal and external teams globally (field services, technology partners for whom we install equipment, distributors, suppliers & manufacturing partners). You demonstrate initiative, communicate well to various audiences, love learning new things and have a passion for problem solving.
What you will do:
Optimize onboarding of new products or entry into new markets
- Develop and optimize workflow to streamline introduction of new Hardware-as-a-service based products to our customers
- Facilitate communication between teams, collecting and structuring forecasts, product definition and units, defining and working execution plans for workflows and product staging.
- Work with Product team to align BoMs to Product Catalog, setting and re-calibrating forecast BOMs to actual consumption.
- Work with cross functional teams to execute new product plan - ensure system support tools are in place, supply chain plan is executed, new product is successfully staged and available for commercialization
- Facilitate and build-out the systems that help Semios scale, through a process of continuous improvement, process and tools definition.
Setup and maintain master data to communicate requirements across teams
- Facilitate between product, sales, ops and field teams to coordinate and deliver forecast, and assembly Bill-of-materials for new products, or new regional variants
- Coordinate with field services technical specialists, and mechanical engineers when needed, to capture and document field install practices - including simple bill-of-materials for the install station and supporting tools needed for their assembly.
- Maintain and develop master data (product/BOM) nomenclature, training teams and facilitating connections between cross-company datasets.
- Ensure accuracy and data integrity throughout ERP and adjacent systems, automating wherever possible.
Support Supply chain planning and master data systems
- Collect and structure forecasts units, field and crew implementation Bills of Materials, loading to ERP and internal systems
- Work with Product team to align BoMs to Product Catalog, setting and re-calibrating forecast BOMs to actual consumption, until product definition and implementation is fully flushed
- Analyze material consumption, review with stakeholders and adjust forecast/assembly BoM to improve projected/actual consumption accuracy
- Connect product catalog to BOMs, and ERP to drive end-to-end workflow.
This role requires up to 5% travel within North America, and must be able to travel to the US on a visa obtained at the border.
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 2+ years relevant ‘hands on’ experience in new product introduction in a hardware-oriented environment (software-only product rollout isn’t sufficient)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills - able to efficiently extract and communication information across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Strong documentation, data structuring and organizational skills to effectively capture complex information and processes, and the decisions they inform.
- Experience with manufacturing, supply chain and warehousing processes
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be self-motivated with a high desire for results and be able to work with little supervision, in a dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with ERP systems, in particular Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Exposure to PLM best-practices, rollout and maintenance
- Intermediate to advance level of excel/spreadsheet skills
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production.
- Opportunity to contribute and make an impact by working on meaningful projects.
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other in collaborative and casual work environment
- Multiple office locations, convenient via transit and bike paths.
- Flexible hybrid working environment and hours
Semios welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome everyone.
Something looks off?