Seasonal Refurbishment Technician - Fresno
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modelling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- AgTech Breakthrough Awards Program (2022) – Selected as winner of the "Precision Agriculture Solutions of the Year" award.
- THRIVE - Top 50 Global AgTech (2022) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe.
- Sustainability Changemaker by SDTC (2022) - Named as one of the companies which recognize homegrown innovation in sustainable technologies in Canada.
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2020) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
- Google Accelerator (2020) – Selected as 1 of 9 companies for the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort, who are all using technology to solve complex challenges.
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
We are looking for temporary workers to assist with reconditioning used network equipment.
What you will do:
- Test devices for proper functionality, repair physical deficiencies, replace batteries, clean and store devices neatly for redeployment to the field.
- Keep an accurate count of each device type including devices needing work, devices refurbished, and failure types.
- Keep the refurb/test area orderly.
- Work in the warehouse, office, and occasionally in the field as circumstances dictate.
- Assist Engineering team members to maintain, troubleshoot and refine test equipment and testing procedures.
- Assist in setup and operation of device tests.
- Build new network devices in preparation for field deployment.
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Familiarity or interest in working with technology.
- Basic familiarity with computers.
- Able to stand for 8 hours.
- Able to lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to use basic tools.
- Good organizational skills.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to learn.
Nice to have:
- Experience driving a forklift.
- Mechanical / electrical experience.
- Computer proficiency.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet and word-processing software.
Job Type: Seasonal / Temporary
- 40 Hours per week
- Pay: $16.50/hr
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Work with cutting edge technology
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Something looks off?