We at Security Compass are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology by enabling organizations to shift left and build secure applications by design. Our flagship product, SD Elements, helps organizations to reduce cyber risks by taking an automated, developer-centric approach to threat modeling, secure development, and compliance. This, combined with our industry-leading e-Learning offerings, allows us to support our customers in accelerating software time-to-market without sacrificing security.
As a Software Engineer (SDE2), you’ll be working on SD Elements and reporting to a Software Engineering Manager within the Product Team at Security Compass. You are someone who is excited about learning. You aren't afraid to take on new challenges. You are looking to join a team that is friendly and supportive, all working hard and helping one another succeed.
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic team and learn a lot about software development.
This role is open to candidates across Canada. We are a remote-first company with a head-office in Toronto. We don’t mandate team members to come in on a particular schedule, however we encourage team members to come into the office to foster connection with their colleagues on a schedule that works for them personally.
What you’ll do:
- Helping build new features & updating and improving existing ones.
- Maintaining high quality code through code reviews & programming.
- Helping our customers get the most out of our product.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 1+ years programming experience, attitude, aptitude, excitement about what we are building, and interpersonal communication skills are more important than a specific technical skill set.
What will be helpful to succeed:
- Python (or similar languages)
- MVC frameworks such as Django, Rails, or .NET
- RESTful API design
Why Security Compass?
- Meaningful Work. We contribute towards making technology in the world more secure and our vision is one of a world where we can trust technology.
- Trust. It’s important to us that you trust those you work with and are empowered to be yourself. To build this trust and transparency, we encourage open, respectful communication.
- Innovation. We encourage you to explore ideas and test new theories, both in your work and in your individual career development plan.
- Growth. We make your growth and learning a priority by allocating all our employees with a dedicated learning & growth budget. We give our team members tools and support to be the drivers of their careers and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Life-Work Integration. We create an environment where you can integrate your work with life in a way that makes sense for you with our hybrid or remote working model, flexible work hours, and unlimited vacation!
- Fun. We could not have good culture without good fun, and we don’t underestimate its importance. Our casual atmosphere promotes camaraderie, fun and helps bring people together.
- Embracing Diversity, Inclusion and Equity. We speak up for inclusion and celebrate diversity in thought. Our goal is to create a safe, equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong.
Click here to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.