Manager, Software Development
We at Security Compass are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology by enabling organizations to shift left and build secure applications by design. Our flagship product, SD Elements, helps organizations to reduce cyber risks by taking an automated, developer-centric approach to threat modeling, secure development, and compliance. This, combined with our industry-leading e-Learning offerings, allows us to support our customers in accelerating software time-to-market without sacrificing security.
As a Software Development Manager, you’ll be responsible for growing and leading teams of talented software engineers dedicated to delivering exceptional results. Reporting to the Director of Engineering and partnering with Agile coaches and Product Managers, you’ll support the team in making sound engineering decisions, removing obstacles, driving ownership and accountability.
We are looking for an empathetic individual who believes in servant-leadership. If you enjoy working in a supportive collaborative environment, have a passion for developing people and understand that your success will come from your team's ability to succeed, this position is for you!
We are open to candidates across Canada/North America
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with product management and agile coaches to identify obstacles and opportunities, and take the lead in addressing them
- Engage with your teams to facilitate solutions which meet the expectations of the product, are consistent with technology best practices, and align with the goals of the sprint
- Drive accountability and consistency through continuous observation, coaching, and feedback
- Collaborate with your peers and leadership to identify and solve departmental challenges
- Guide and mentor your teams on their personal development and professional growth
- Be an advocate for the developers and a champion for sound technical solutions
- Help plan for the future by identifying areas of growth and scale within your teams
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of hands on experience with software engineering
- 2 years experience in an engineering leadership role
- Strong people and technology leadership skills
- A result proven software engineering background
- Experience hiring and managing high performance engineering team
- Technical knowledge of software development and secure coding practices
Why Security Compass?
- Meaningful Work. We contribute towards making technology in the world more secure and our vision is one of a world where we can trust technology.
- Trust. It’s important to us that you trust those you work with and are empowered to be yourself. To build this trust and transparency, we encourage open, respectful communication.
- Innovation. We encourage you to explore ideas and test new theories, both in your work and your passion projects. We encourage disruptive thinking. You’ll be able to spend 10% of your time working on a side-project of your choosing.
- Growth. We make your growth and learning a priority by allocating all our employees with a dedicated learning & growth budget. We give our team members tools and support to be the drivers of their careers and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Life-Work Integration. We create an environment where you can integrate your work with life in a way that makes sense for you with our hybrid or remote working model, flexible work hours, and unlimited vacation!
- Fun. We could not have good culture without good fun, and we don’t underestimate its importance. Our casual atmosphere promotes camaraderie, fun and helps bring people together.
- Embracing Diversity, Inclusion and Equity. We speak up for inclusion and celebrate diversity in thought. Our goal is to create a safe, equitable workplace where everyone feels like they belong.
Click here to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform email@example.com so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.