Senior Back End Developer
RVezy is an innovative travel experience company that brings aspiring vacationers and RV owners together. Founded in 2016, we provide a platform for RV rentals available across most of Canada and the United States.
RVezy serves thousands of renters and owners across North America, and you will be helping ensure they have a safe, secure, and enjoyable experience throughout each RV rental. We have a tight-knit team that has meaningful relationships with one another. Check out our reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed.
We have grown exponentially, and our three-year revenue increased 2768% (2018-2021), as mentioned in the Globe and Mail’s: Canada's Top Growing Companies 2021.
Want to see more? Check us out online.
Dragons’ Den — http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/pitches/rvezy
On TV — https://youtu.be/WFbmhxU1ScM
Instagram — @lifeatrvezy
LinkedIn — https://www.linkedin.com/company/rvezy.com/
Website — https://www.rvezy.com
About the role
The position is for a full-time senior software developer role with our back-end web applications team. The successful applicant will be well-versed in .NET Core development with solid experience in back-end web application development and help us achieve our business goals by providing technical leadership and ownership.We are looking for a senior back-end web application developer familiar with service-oriented architecture (SOA). We are looking to make some careful changes to our back-end stack to prepare for an expected increase in traffic and bookings.
- Lead the technical planning and execution of back-end web application development projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement new features and enhancements.
- Identify and address technical challenges and provide innovative solutions.
- Ensure the security, scalability, and performance of back-end systems.
- Conduct code reviews and enforce coding standards.
- Monitor and troubleshoot production issues related to back-end services.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in back-end web application development.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of load testing and performance analysis.
- Collaborate with the front-end development team to optimize API integrations.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in the existing codebase and propose refactorings or optimizations.
- Contribute to the documentation of back-end systems and APIs.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to refine user stories, prioritize the backlog, and ensure clear communication of requirements to the development team.
- Maintain and update the team's Scrum board, tracking progress, and ensuring transparency in work status.
- Encourage and enforce Agile principles and best practices within the team to promote continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Work with the team to identify and remove any impediments that may affect their ability to deliver high-quality software on time.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, open communication, and self-organization within the development team, promoting a positive and productive work environment.
- Keep stakeholders informed about project progress and any potential risks or challenges that may impact the sprint or project timelines.
- Advocate for Agile methodologies and Scrum practices across the organization, helping other teams adopt and embrace Agile principles.
Competencies, skills, and attributes:
- Post-secondary education in a field related to computer science or engineering.
- Seven or more years of experience working in a back-end web applications team producing commercial software.
- Experience with C#, .NET Core, and Entity Framework Core.
- Experience with common web API patterns like REST.
- Experience with cron jobs, asynchronous tasks, and other related software (Hangfire.io).
- Experience developing high-performing SQL Server database schemas.
- Experience with source control using Git, Github, and code reviews using PRs.
- Worked within a Scrum framework, enabled with collaboration tools like Jira and Confluence.
Bonus points if you:
- Experience with message queuing (RabbitMQ).
- Experience with centralized caching (Redis).
- Experience with Docker containers.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm.
- Experience with Amazon AWS (Security Groups, EC2, RDS, ECS, S3, Cloudfront, ELB, and Lambda).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, such as Azure DevOps.
- Experience with automated testing, Playwright, Nunit, Specflow, and Appium.
- Log monitoring with Azure Application Insights.
- Infrastructure as Code — Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, and Azure ARM templates.
The role will require you to work from our office in Centretown 2-3 days per week.
- RVezy stock options (we believe every colleague should be an owner).
- Fifteen paid vacation days with extra time off over the winter holidays.
- Health and dental benefits from day one.
- One paid weeklong RV rental trip every year.
- Opportunities to attend festivals, concerts, and RV shows across Canada and the U.S.
- Employee recognition platform to reward employees’ hard work.
- Frequent social events and a steady supply of coffee and snacks in the office.
- Dog-friendly work environment in the Ottawa office.
- Flexible work hours and a relaxed dress code.
- Company laptop and equipment provided.
- Paid sick days.
How to apply
Want to stand out? At RVezy, we’re looking for someone who is willing to go that extra mile, so we’re asking you to do a little more than just click the “Apply Now” button.
- Go to RVezy.com and create an account.
- Click “Rent an RV” and search Yellowknife. Using the filters at the top of the page, select “Drivable” as the RV type and find the RV with the title RVezy Elite.
- When you're on the listing, scroll toward the bottom and find "Ask a Question."
- In the message to the owner, introduce yourself and tell us about a time you went camping (or share another outdoor or travel experience) and tell us why you would be a great fit for the position. We want to get to know you! Enter whatever dates and location you please.
- Then just submit your resume with the rest of the application as normal.