Chief of Staff
People & HR, Operations
Waterloo Ave, Toronto, ON M3H, Canada
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to join our team reporting to the CEO, and to act as a strategic partner, advisor, and sounding board to the CEO. In this role, you will be accountable for handling company-wide objectives and initiatives. This is a new role for RouteThis, and will act as a critical bridge across functions, leading the effort to become more efficient.
We care deeply about our technology, resolving customer pain points, and getting stuff done fast and are looking for people who share these values and are ready to execute against them every day.
In this role you will:
- Drive strategic initiatives by coordinating with different stakeholders and internal teams.
- Assist the CEO in shaping the long-term strategy and then work to ensure its implementation is understood, and feasible
- Work closely with the leadership team(s) to define and achieve organizational goals
- Partner with leaders to articulate the “north star” and work with teams to ensure alignment of departmental KPIs to achieve the overall goals
- Scheduling meetings, preparing decks and agendas for cross departmental business reviews and kick-offs.
- Deep dive into cross-departmental issues to determine root cause and develop solutions
- Analyze data, and work with leaders to develop solutions to business problems
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, and coordinate internal resources to operationalize them
- Drive the implementation of changes in the organization that increase efficiency
- Ensure changes are monitored using metrics
- Step into lead various functions as necessary
- Act as a representative for the CEO in a variety of circumstances including executive level recruiting
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years in management consulting or as a leader in a high growth startup (experience in SaaS Software is a bonus)
- Proven experience organizing and working with multiple, cross functional teams
- Thrives in ambiguous environments and can resourcefully work through them
- Excellent business acumen and comprehension of a P&L
- Broad knowledge of different functional areas of business from finance to operations to marketing.
- High level of EQ, collaboration and ability to build trusting relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in data analysis
- High level of accountability; self driven and motivated
- Excited to work in a fast paced environment
Who we are:
RouteThis is a SaaS technology company that is changing the way ISPs and Smart Home companies handle technical support around the world. Instead of dealing with frustrating, long support calls where agents are unable to accurately identify issues, the RouteThis platform gives technical support teams the answers they need to immediately identify and resolve customers’ issues -- or help customer to solve it themselves before even needing to call.
We are headquartered in the Waterloo Region and our customers are all over the globe. If you want to work on the next generation of network diagnostics that provides a disruptive new approach for tech support teams, you should be working at RouteThis!
Opportunity: As a rapidly evolving startup, we’re constantly facing new challenges and opportunities, and prefer to promote from within. By working with us, you can jumpstart and shape your career.
Team: At RouteThis you’ll be working on a highly-motivated team full of the best talent you can find. We’re carefully selective on who we hire as we’re a close team.
Fun: Regular social events, lunches, and happy hours are all part of our culture. We never forget that work should also be fun.
Perks & Benefits: We offer great perks including competitive salaries, stock options, extended holiday weekends, parental leave, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Location: Located in the Waterloo-region in downtown Kitchener, we offer flexible work arrangements including hybrid and virtual options. The preference for this role, is the ability to regularly travel to RouteThis HQ.
Please note: We thank all applicants for your interest in RouteThis. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. RouteThis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability and we will work with you to address your needs.