PCB Assembler (Job Req #2024-038)
PCB Assembler (Job Req #2024-038)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
Working with a team you will fully understand the MES system for routing production, obtaining work instructions and logging defects. Preparing parts and PCB’s to be wave soldered or inserted at the electronics Royonics machine, operating this equipment.
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
You will be joining our Production Team where we manufacture and build Ross Video products. We build a variety of products for Live TV productions: Production switchers, replay systems, video servers, virtual production, and mobile production units as well as robotic systems that automate the control and movement of TV cameras. Ross’ robots allow a single operator to pan, tilt, zoom, elevate, and reposition multiple cameras using simple joystick controls. Better yet, all these actions can be pre-programmed and fully automated to create mind-blowing visual effects.
Working with the Manufacturing Team in our Iroquois facility you could be working on:
Some of the things you will work on:
- Assembly inspection (may or may not apply) which involves inspecting all through-hole components for orientation, correct component placement and ensuring that all finishing is completed properly. Data collection of defects would be included with inspection.
- Press fit, aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jigs, fixtures, or other holding devices.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches to assemblies.
- Assembles cables, heat sinks and power supplies for finishing.
- Routing assemblies through MAX system either manually or electronically.
- Maintaining ESD and all safety practices.
- Follow all in place policies due to COVID-19 regulations
You should have experience with:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Capable of following procedures and work logically
- Detail oriented
- Conscientious and willing to ask questions
- An excellent aptitude for learning
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly