Hardware/FPGA Developer (Job Req #2024-057)
Hardware/FPGA Developer (Job Req #2024-057)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
The ideal candidate is part of our product development team creating world-leading next generation broadcast video processing technology. You develop and maintain the development lab to ensure the highest quality product possible, and enable various groups to do the same. You participate in all phases of FPGA development from specifications and design, to customer support with a focus on ensuring the quality of our products. Coordinating with the senior DevOps engineers to bring development and operations together through integration to create products more efficiently and of the highest quality.
You are very proficient in Python scripting and integrating into a DevOps automation framework environment. You enjoy working hands on with hardware products in a lab environment. You have a good understanding of RTL design and implementation and are looking to contribute to many different aspects of product design.
Who you report to: Director, Hyperconverged Solutions – Platforms
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Write and maintain testcases as part of the DevOps automation framework
- Collaborate with various groups to contribute to the automation framework environment
- Maintain the development lab and equipment
- Work with members of several groups and team members to verify the functionality of products
- Generate and maintain documentation and test plans to track and ensure product quality
- Support PV/QA throughout development – validating feedback, and debugging/fixing hardware problems as required
- Participate in Agile Scrum ceremonies like stand-ups, retrospectives, refinement, and sprint kick-offs
- Contribute to FPGA design/implementation tasks in various areas
Who you are:
- In-depth knowledge of several scripting languages (Tcl, Perl, Bash) and in particular Python
- Knowledge of Git revision control systems, branching and tagging methodologies
- Good knowledge of hardware debugging and design
- Good understanding of continuous integration/delivery practices and other DevOps concepts
- Familiarity with the following technologies:
- Jenkins and Gitlab CI/CD pipelines
- SoC FPGA interconnects such as Avalon or AXI interfaces
- PCI Express, Ethernet 1/10/25/100GE, 12G-SDI, HDMI, DisplayPort
- High-speed transceivers
- Timing recovery / Synchronization
- Vivado and Quartus development tools
- Knowledge of software languages such as C, C++ a plus
- Understanding of digital video, audio and associated audio standards a plus
- B.S. in Engineering required
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work as part of a team or independently as required
- Keen observational skills and problem solving intuition
- Organized and detail oriented self-starter
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and work towards finding creative solutions to challenging problems
- Comfortable moving forward aggressively; balancing risks appropriately to optimize success across all business aspects – good, fast, and cheap
- Equally comfortable contributing as a team member or championing your own ideas
- Minimum 2-4 years FPGA development experience
- Knowledgeable in Video/Audio technologies preferred
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary