Solutions Architect- Asia (Job Req #2024-073)
Solutions Architect- Asia (Job Req #2024-073)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
The Technical Solutions Architect will support both the Asia Sales and Services teams in effort to increase sales of Ross Video technology in dynamic and innovative applications. Specifically, in the Asia market alongside the Regional Sales Managers.
This key role in the Ross Sales organization requires a unique blend of engineering/solutions solving skills along with the “soft skills” required in a sales process. The Technical Solutions Architect is responsible, during pre-and post-sales activities, for ensuring Ross Video’s Superior Customer Experience and that proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address our customers’ business priorities and needs.
This requires collaboration with the Sales team, customer interaction and managing the client’s expectations throughout the engagement, as well as coordination with the Services implementation team (including Service Operations Specialists, Commissioners, Trainers and Technical Support Specialists) and the Creative Services team, to ensure a successful launch of Ross solutions at clients’ facilities.
Who you report to: Director of Sales, APAC
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Participate and contribute to sales opportunities driven by the Regional Sales Managers, prioritizing efforts based on maximizing total impact on the team’s productivity.
- Scope technical solutions to address customer requirements, assess customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Ross Video.
- Coordinate closely with Ross’ internal Sales team and business partners to align solutions designed to meet our customers’ business requirements.
- Proactively engage in opportunity reviews, ensuring they are properly configured and aligned in the sales process.
- Educate and provide professional development to the team and business partners to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Engage in customer facing product presentations, demos, training and workflow guidance to customers and business partners at their premise or tradeshows.
- Pursue additional business development opportunities and collaborate with Sales to ensure these are effectively covered and advanced.
- Develop project plans, assist scheduling with resource allocation, coordinate Ross technical services, third party resources and client teams.
- Work on systems oriented and highly technical projects.
- Work on tender responses and manage proposals for mid/large/solution-based RFPs/RFQs/RFIs.
- Help to prepare world-class customer facing proposal supplements.
- Create drawings that capture the spirit of specific opportunities, while also creating general variations for use by other groups at Ross.
- Assist in laying out and designing rail configurations for robotics opportunities.
- Provide market intelligence and client feedback to Product Managers on product & application requirements.
- Set up, configure and perform product demo for customers and business partners on Ross-specific products and workflows.
- Coordinate with the Demo and Tradeshow team and the Services team for upcoming system demos and events.
- Work with the Marketing team, alongside the Regional Sales Managers, in the planning of regional events.
Who you are:
- Minimum 5 years of combined sales, sales engineering, presales experience, systems application, or product specialist experience.
- Record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a customer facing environment.
- Knowledge/experience in studio/broadcast/live event video production, broadcast video system design/engineering, or equivalent.
- Pose strong knowledge of industry standard protocols, connectors and terminations.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and CAD.
- Excellent communication & presentation Skills.
- Must be proficient in both Desktop and Server Networking practices.
- Able to work co-operatively with and across all company departments.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Possesses strong and creative problem-solving traits.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and or similar CRM programs
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Existing knowledge and use of Ross Video products
- Knowledge of newsroom production workflow
- Knowledge of SMPTE 2110 IP and its implementation
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary