Direct Tax Manager (Job Req #2024-069)
Direct Tax Manager (Job Req #2024-069)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
The Direct Tax Manager position reporting to the Director of Tax and Compliance to support the tax function at Ross. Specifically, the role will be responsible for tax compliance and reporting, supporting audits, and assisting with special projects. You will be a key member of our Corporate Finance team! The complexity of compliance obligations continues to evolve & grow, both with changing legislation and our own corporate growth, making this an exciting, challenging, and dynamic opportunity!
Who you report to: Director, Tax and Compliance
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Responsible for completion of federal, international, provincial, and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Manage the statutory audits and tax return preparation for the Company’s international subsidiaries, as well as other local compliance.
- Assist with all tax related audits.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (IFRS) in the CDN, US and International subsidiaries.
- Responsible for determining monthly transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Prepare supporting working papers for monthly IFRS consolidated tax provision, calculating monthly transfer pricing entries.
- Consult with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place for compliance on related party /intercompany transactions.
- Maintains tax payment records for entities throughout the group, advises the finance team on required tax payments.
- Estimate and monitor annual cash taxes. Planning and accounting for income taxes.
- Preparation of all International reporting schedules.
- Reconcile all notice of assessments to returns filed.
- Assist in the implementation of tax planning strategies, which maximize savings on a defensible basis.
- Perform tax research, interpreting legislation and documenting findings.
- Fully engaged in tax technical work and making recommendations for change, as necessary.
Who you are:
- Self motivated with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills and creativity to identify problems and potential solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adjust and respond to multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Completion of CICA In Depth Tax Course is considered an asset.
- 5+ Years of Tax Experience.
- Previous IFRS experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to look beyond the issue and see the “big” picture.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Administration
- Pay Type Salary