Broadcast Engineer I (Job Req #2024-070)
Broadcast Engineer I (Job Req #2024-070)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
At Ross Production Services (RPS), we power video production for hundreds of shows each year across the United States and the World using the industry’s widest range of smart production solutions, you will help create. Our company is experiencing strong growth in eSports, entertainment and sports and is searching for a dynamic, self-motivated, highly technical doer to take RPS engineering to the next level.
As a Broadcast Engineer I at RPS, you will work with a team of like-minded experts building and then engineering trucks and fly packs with the latest and greatest Ross equipment. You will then deploy what your team builds in remote events for the top networks and brands in several industries. As a developing engineer, you will begin to develop new/creative/innovative technical offerings that will meet our customer’s needs, help differentiate Ross and RPS in the marketplace and continue the business’ strong expansion.
Who you report to: Manager, Broadcast Engineering & Mobile Units
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Working with dedicated broadcast hardware including all Ross products and other best standard industry equipment.
- Assist Engineer in Charge (EIC) in running a truck, with desire to learn and develop to become a truck EIC.
- Hand out and Inventory all Equipment on Remotes.
- Knowledge of video shading and cameras (Work as a V1 on shows).
- Be able to work with crew and help follow through with EIC/Tech manager plan.
- Instruct Crew as needed, direct the activities of crew members related to the operation of the mobile unit, including setup and breakdown of the truck.
- Pack and unpack your truck and drive to and from Remotes
- Learn to Build shows from the ground up, including router configuration, signal flow troubleshooting, and working with various technicians to establish show requirements and turn them into executed solutions.
- Provide information to EIC for the Post Show Report at the conclusion of each event.
- Work directly with the EIC to handle all required preventative and technical maintenance of onboard broadcast equipment.
- Maintaining a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
- Responsible end-to-end for select, small scale events.
- Introduction to some system design and building and on site integration and set up to include video path, audio path, fiber linked systems, digital video compression and transmission standards, PC networking, Master Control facilities and hub, and network storage systems. This will include broadcast trucks, fly packs and fiber kits.
Who you are:
- Strong technical mind
- 1-3 years relevant experience and interested in working with the coolest technology on the best events to maximize your potential
- Familiar with broadcast signal flow or networking
- Have built or engineered equipment, worked on the technical side of the live event industry or love technology and trends
- Interested in sports and eSports
- Perform well under pressure and love challenges
We will offer you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge broadcast production solutions, to be part of a passionate & talented team, we will send you to fascinating places to engineers shows at the highest levels (we estimate that you could travel more then 50% of the time so make sure your driver’s license and passport are valid!).
Ross Production Services currently has 7 of the most powerful small mobile units in the Industry, a studio and fly packs at all levels. 2022/2023 promises to be the most exciting time ever, worldwide, with new equipment and customers coming on board. Be a part of events for the biggest networks, eSports companies and media brands. Be a part of RPS.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Ross Mobile Productions
- Pay Type Salary