Demonstration Artist and Trainer - MAM and Playout Specialist (Job Req #2024-060)
Demonstration Artist and Trainer – MAM and Playout Specialist (Job Req #2024-060)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
The Demonstration Artist and Training Specialist is responsible for performing training of Ross products, solutions, and integration at client locations globally. The position requires above average operational & technical knowledge on any given Ross Product. This front-line individual is responsible for managing customer expectations, completing required documentation, providing end user operational training, and ensuring integrity of the training experience. This key individual works closely with our Services Team to ensure delivery of the Ross Superior Customer Experience.
Who you report to: Manager, Training Solutions - News Production Workflow
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Perform on-site, off-site, online/remote customer demonstrations
- Assist the services team with content creation, organization, and technical execution of trade shows throughout the year
- Responsible for the operational and technical integrity of both the demo and training experience and offer effective solutions for areas of improvement in-house and online
- Set up demo equipment, assist with set-up and prepare/test gear prior to demos
- Maintain above average knowledge base and skill set in the functionality and demonstration of all system features for given product(s)
- Develop demonstration techniques, methods, and materials for use by other demo staff
- Perform on-site, off-site, and online/remote customer training
- Provide internal training for Ross staff
- Maintain training equipment, assist with set-up and prepare/test gear prior to training sessions
- Provide customer feedback to the MPM & TPM on product operation, features, and roadmap
- Actively participate in Ross’ user forums, lead key discussions, and assist Product users
- Specific product knowledge above average. Works to help support teammates technically or operationally
- Self-sufficient, onsite problem solving, fulfilling all communication duties for all departments or people involved (Sales, TS, PM)
- Superior communication with customers and internally regarding processes, setting-up and understanding customer expectations, raising issues if any
- Proper etiquette when communicating with customers
- Can correct, resolve issues, solve problems both internally and externally. Problem solves by collecting, recording, and analyzing missing information. Exercises own judgment when working on customer facing projects. Raises unusual problems to Manager
- Pre-project coordination with customers, understanding and conveying full scope of work to the customer
- Certified on 1 or more Products, technically, Operationally, or both and proven experience in the field
- Maximum 80% international travel is required and flexible schedule
- Must have a valid passport and driver’s license
- Maintains the quality and integrity of both the News Production workflow, MAM and Media i/o product demonstration and training experience and offers effective solutions for areas of improvement
- Provides technical guidance and support to the team of demonstration artists and trainers (both full time and freelance) on Ross Video’s the News Production workflow, MAM and Media i/o product lines
- Provides regular feedback and monthly updates to the Manager of Training Solutions pertaining to the team’s successes as well as challenges in the field
- Reviews and assesses each demo and training team member’s the News Production workflow, MAM and Media i/o product knowledge level and skill set, creates and maintains a skills matrix broken down by key product features, level of knowledge and skills, strengths and next level of internal training required
- Puts plans and processes in place to provide internal training for demo and training team members
- Works closely with Product Teams to ensure training is delivered to the demo and training team members, and training material is updated when new products or new features are released
- Advises the demo and training team of new software releases and updates
- Maintains above average knowledge base and skill set in the functionality and demonstration of Ross Video’s production the News Production workflow, MAM and Media i/o
- Provides feedback on current industry trends to the PM – the News Production workflow, MAM and Media i/o and the product team.
- Actively participates in the selection process for new the News Production workflow, MAM and Media i/o demonstration artists & trainers within the team, conducts technical interviews
- Develops internal and external training documentation, certification and videos and assists with initial orientation plans for new hires
- Assists with planning demo and training team events, such as symposiums and team meetings
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Creative & Technical Services
- Pay Type Salary