Senior Software Developer (Job Req #2023-341)
Senior Software Developer (Job Req #2023-341)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
Ross Video is a world leader in High-Definition Video Production Equipment, designed and manufactured in Canada and sold world-wide. Our products are used by a who's who of the global entertainment industry, including top broadcast networks like NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox in the USA, Rogers, CTV and the CBC in Canada and others around the world from Fiji to Finland and everywhere in between. We are # 1 in providing behind the scenes HD production gear used in Sports Stadiums including places where the NY Mets, LA Lakers, Pittsburgh Penguins and Buffalo Bills play. Our equipment was used extensively at the Vancouver 2010 and other Olympic games. Our systems are used by top acts including Beyoncé, Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, Springsteen and The Red Hot Chili Peppers to name a few. Top webcasters like Revision 3 and MLB.com use Ross. Our equipment is even used on the International Space Station. Join Ross and you will have a chance to work on advanced technology used in a wide variety of very cool ways by our clients.
Be part of a vibrant group where you can make a difference in the evolution of technology products. You will be part of a small, highly collaborative team that enables rapid development of production ready web-based software.
As part of the development team, you will be helping conceive, design, develop and deliver products used across the company. You will work to improve and grow the technical competence of our designs. Our small teams encourage outside of the box thinking, we value innovation and feedback, and you will work alongside a diverse group of people with a broad range of skills and experience. You will be working on real-world applications and get to see the results of your hard work firsthand.
WE'RE AFTER A PARTICULAR TYPE OF AWESOME
You need to be passionate about working in Java and love working with different development tools and frameworks, such as Eclipse, Java, React, Typescript, and relational databases, to create powerful applications with highly functional user experiences. We value experience in multi-threading, design patterns, best practices such as Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, high performance design, and Agile software methodologies.
You enjoy exploring new ideas and know how to test your work quickly and effectively. We work in an Agile environment, with a flat structure that encourages minimal oversight and encourages freedom and flexibility to complete your task.
What the job is all about:
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle – requirements gathering, scoping, design, implementation, documentation, testing, and maintenance.
- Write code across the full stack – UI, back-end services, and data storage.
- Provide design reviews and code reviews for fellow team members promoting high-quality work, sound software methodologies and attention to detail.
- Produce clean, testable, and efficient code based on specifications.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Coach and mentor other developers on the team.
- Advocate for new tools, technologies and approaches that can help the team and our products.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering or a related industry.
- A full-stack development background with the ability to contribute to both backend and frontend components.
- Object-oriented software design using Java. Any experience with Eclipse, Hibernate, or general Web Application design is an asset.
- Experience with SQL-based databases, ideally any of MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or SQL Server would be beneficial.
- Interest in implementing development processes and adopting best practices, particularly when it comes to enhancing both quality and performance.
- Proven ability to mentor and guide junior
- Knowledge and experience with Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture, Test Driven Development and Behavioral Driven Development is an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary