Freelance - Broadcast Engineer
Freelance - Broadcast Engineer
Come Freelance with ROSS!
At Ross Mobile Productions (Ross MP), we power video production for hundreds of shows each year across the United States and the World using the industry’s widest range of smart production solutions, you will help create. Our company is experiencing strong growth in eSports, entertainment and sports and is searching for a dynamic, self-motivated, highly technical doer to take Ross MP engineering to the next level.
As a Broadcast Engineer at Ross MP, you will work with a team of like-minded experts building and then engineering trucks and fly packs with the latest and greatest Ross equipment. You will then deploy what your team builds in remote events for the top networks and brands in several industries. As a developing engineer, you will begin to develop new/creative/innovative technical offerings that will meet our customer’s needs, help differentiate Ross and Ross MP in the market place and continue the business’ strong expansion.
Ross Mobile Productions currently has 6 of the most powerful small mobile units in the industry, a studio and fly packs at all levels. 2021/2022 promises to be the most exciting time ever, worldwide, with new equipment and customers coming on board. Be a part of events for the biggest networks, eSports companies and media brands. Be a part of Ross MP.
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Working with dedicated broadcast hardware including all Ross products and other best standard industry equipment.
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Hand out and Inventory all Equipment on Remotes.
- Knowledge of video shading and cameras (Work as a V1 on shows).
- Proficient in one or several technical areas, mostly Mira Lead and RO, A1, Lead EVS, and TD.
- Be able to work with crew and help follow through with EIC/Tech manager plan.
- Instruct Crew as needed, direct the activities of crew members related to the operation of the mobile unit, including setup and breakdown of the truck.
- Pack and unpack your truck and drive to and from Remotes
- Learn to Build shows from the ground up, including router configuration, signal flow troubleshooting, and working with various technicians to establish show requirements and turn them into executed solutions.
- Provide information to EIC for the Post Show Report at the conclusion of each event.
- Work directly with the EIC to handle all required preventative and technical maintenance of onboard broadcast equipment.
- Maintaining a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and vendors.
- Responsible end-to-end for select, small scale events.
- Introduction to some system design and building and on-site integration and set up to include video path, audio path, fiber linked systems, digital video compression and transmission standards, PC networking, Master Control facilities and hub, and network storage systems. This will include broadcast trucks, fly packs and fiber kits.
- Estimate that you could travel more than 50% of the time
- Valid Driver’s License
Who you are:
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Strong technical mind
- Want to work with the coolest technology on the best events and maximize your potential, alongside a team of Ross superstars
- If you are familiar with broadcast signal flow or networking, have built or engineered equipment, worked on the technical side of the live event industry or love technology and trends
- You like sports and eSports
- Perform well under pressure and love challenges
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
At Ross, we put the health and safety of our employees and their families first. It is our responsibility to provide a safe work environment, and as such, we strongly encourage all employees globally to get vaccinated against Covid-19. As a global company, we understand that policies and legislations may vary from country to country. In certain jurisdictions, Ross has implemented a Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccine Policy for all employees and proof of vaccination may be required during the hiring process. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team.
- Job Function Ross Mobile Productions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel % 50