Technical Commissioning Specialist (Job Req #2024-022)
Technical Commissioning Specialist (Job Req #2024-022)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
The Technical Commissioning Specialist is responsible for performing the commissioning of Ross products and integrating these into the Broadcast systems at client locations across the USA. This front-line individual is responsible for managing customer expectations, implementing software and hardware configurations per product standards, completing required documentation, providing end user technical training across multiple Ross Products and solutions, and ensuring that the systems perform as specified. This key individual works closely with our Technical Services Team to ensure delivery of the Ross Superior Customer Experience.
Who you report to: Manager, Technical Commissioning Solutions
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Perform Onsite software installation/Upgrades.
- Perform Commissioning of multiple product lines.
- Perform Customer technical training services.
- Perform Complete required documentation. ie daily reports
- Perform Customer/technical service.
- Perform Troubleshoot technical/systems issues at customer facilities.
- Provide support to the to the implementation team, as required
- Responsible for personal professional development on the technical integrity of customer commissioning experience
- Assists in developing commissioning techniques, methods, and materials for use by other staff
- Maintain above average knowledge base and skill set in given product lines
- Provide internal commissioning training for Ross staff
- Provides customer feedback to Sales, Manager, Product team, if necessary
- Supports other team members product and implementation knowledge to help fill the gaps
- The ability to support and troubleshoot complex customer projects and find solutions on their own. Fulfilling all communication duties for all departments or people involved (Sales, TS, PM)
- Superior communication with customers and internally regarding processes, setting-up and understanding customer expectations, raising issues if any
- Proper etiquette when communicating with customers
- Can correct, resolve issues, solve problems both internally and externally. Problem solves by collecting, recording, and analyzing missing information Raises and flags issues through proper channels that they are not able to resolve. Suggestions made for better internal processes and procedures
- The ability to analyze scope of work and can pivot to ensure customer satisfaction
- Advanced/well-developed skills on 3 or more Solutions, technically, Operationally or both.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways while maintaining superior Ross Video customer experience.
- Handle technical support calls and follow documentation policies.
- Assist in tradeshow builds
- Perform other related duties as required.
Who you are:
- Technical diploma and knowledge of broadcast systems
- Additional education and computer courses are strong assets.
- Superior customer skills, including excellent verbal and written communications (English mandatory)
- Willingness to become an expert in Ross Video products.
- Knowledge of other languages is a definite asset.
- Project management experience would be an asset.
- Excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills of Broadcast systems.
- Knowledge of Ross Video products would be a definite asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills.
- A strong desire to get the job done.
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills.
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, positive, determined, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to envision entire projects and look for problem areas, High initiative, resourceful and well-developed analytical skills.
- High Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to various audiences.
- Ability to function is highly stressful situations.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Willing to travel 80-90% of the time (short-notice and international trips)
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Creative & Technical Services
- Pay Type Salary