Product Engineering Prime - Iroquois ON (Job Req #2024-026)
Product Engineering Prime - Iroquois ON (Job Req #2024-026)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Product Engineering Prime you will be an advocate for product success within the manufacturing department. You will work across multiple manufacturing teams and act as manufacturing’s technical liaison to the product development teams. You will manage and support the introduction of new products into manufacturing while additionally supporting the continuous improvement, optimization, and general oversight of existing products through their complete lifecycle.
Members of product engineering need to possess both a deep understanding of the technologies used in the products and an understanding of the manufacturing technologies required to produce them.
The manufacturing department at Ross Video specializes in high mix and low volume production, catering primarily to the live production industry's need for high-end electronics. With a comprehensive in-house operation that includes Surface Mount Technology (SMT), assembly, testing, and product configuration. Beyond electronics, the department also exhibits expertise in creating mechanically oriented production control panels and advanced robotic systems. This blend of technical precision and innovative engineering underscores Ross Video's commitment to quality and excellence in the fast-paced world of live production technology.
Who you report to: Product Engineering Manager
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Within manufacturing, spearhead the introduction of new products, coordinating with various manufacturing subject matter experts while monitoring the progress and results.
- Liaise between manufacturing and R&D to synchronize project timelines, expectations, and milestones. Engage early on product designs to work through manufacturing risk mitigations.
- Participate in DFX reviews and work with the technical teams to resolve potential issues.
- Review ECO’s to ensure proper product structures and approve MCO status changes.
- Ensure manufacturing readiness for launch schedules through progress tracking, issue resolution. and activity coordination.
- Foster collaboration between teams, facilitating feedback, and suggestions for design improvements.
- Estimate and measure the impact new designs will have on manufacturing in terms of labour, equipment, processes, facilities, and technological improvements.
- Conduct assessments to identify potential manufacturing improvements or upgrades and liaise with relevant teams regarding implementation plans.
- Collaborate with quality assurance teams to develop quality control plans and procedures, focusing on test and inspection oversight.
- Analyze product performance data, identifying areas for improvement and monitoring defect trends, yields, process times, and field return trends.
- Implement cost reduction initiatives without compromising product quality and conduct failure analysis to identify and resolve product-related issues, taking ownership of macro-level issues.
Who you are:
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in a technical field such as engineering.
- 7+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing or a high-tech environment.
- 4+ years managing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and electronics.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle management.
- Knowledge of configuration management systems and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of electronic manufacturing processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Education or training on project/program management.
- Well organized, prepared, persistent, and detail oriented.
- Capable of managing numerous competing tasks.
- Able to independently problem solve and resolve issues.
- Capable of comfortably working with a variety of personalities
- Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary