Director, Business Operations (Job Req #2024-024)
Director, Business Operations (Job Req #2024-024)
Why Work at Ross Video? We have a great group of people working together to create and deliver cutting edge products that look amazing and are easy to use. We go all out so that our customers can have the best possible experience and achieve quality results. With a product focus, continual learning, results driven processes, and creative thinking, we constantly strive to improve our solutions and to deliver results. If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. All of the major Hollywood award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible. If that resonates, and you’re someone with integrity, commitment, and a strong drive to deliver great products, we’d love to hear from you.
The Director of Business Operations will direct and oversee the operational and financial aspects of our sports television production business (Ross Production Services). This role will drive operational excellence, ensure profitable growth, and maintain alignment of our operations with our corporate strategy. The Director will play a pivotal role in ensuring our operational endeavors are both effective and financially sound.
The chosen candidate would be required to work regularly out of our Wallingford, Connecticut facility.
Who you report to: Chief Services Officer
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Lead a team of administrative professionals that oversee business operations for RPS.
- Implement and maintain operational policies, objectives, and initiatives to attain short and long-term financial and mission-critical goals.
- Evaluate, optimize, and automate current and proposed operational tools, systems, and procedures to gain efficiencies and minimize risk.
- Draft, review, and assess customer contracts in consultation with the Legal, Finance and Sales for profitability and risk management.
- Take responsibility for billing and invoice review, ensuring all customer invoices are reviewed and approved for accuracy.
- Regularly analyze financial and operational metrics to measure achievement of operational objectives and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Formulate strategies and implement smart and efficient workflows that streamline and simplify business operations. Spearhead corporate ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) initiatives.
- Oversee relationships with travel business partners and the adherence to the travel and living expenses policy. Negotiate volume deals in collaboration with the travel coordinator.
- Review and approve all operational and capital expenditures with an emphasis on achieving Return on Investment models.
- Capture true event cost data for productions. Determine and approve target event budgets at the quoting phase.
- Oversee labor rate cards and loaded labor rates, including expense thresholds, by event tier and region in collaboration with the crewing department.
- Generate reports and dashboards on revenue, expense, and other critical matters, with an emphasis on highlighting key performance indicators (KPIs) that drive smart business decisions.
- Review and approve all monthly revenue and expense accruals for accuracy and completeness and provide sign-off on backup documentation before presenting to corporate accounting
- Ensure compliance with standards and regulations
Who you are:
- Post-Secondary education in Business Management, Finance, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in business operations, finance, or a similar role
- Experience managing people and/or leading teams
- Strong understanding of the live sports television production business or adjacent business
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and proficiency with big data systems
- Ability to collaborate with various departments and drive cross-functional initiatives
- Self-motivated, resourceful, organized, and excellent communication skills
- Able to handle multiple concurrent demands while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive and passionate about solving business challenges as a team
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Creative & Technical Services
- Pay Type Salary