SMT Operator (Job Req #2024-016)
SMT Operator (Job Req #2024-016)
As an SMT Operator, you will operate various machines to run the SMT Line. The role requires technical knowledge of printed circuit boards and surface mount technology.
Who you report to: Manager, SMT
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Set up and operation of screen printers and SPI
- Monitor SPI for tolerance adherence and understand troubleshooting methods to keep in line with paste quality
- Manage changeover process to ensure efficiency in production time
- Setup each SMT machine to ensure parts are loaded properly, conveyors are aligned, and oven recipes are accurate
- Obtain parts from inventory and verifying loaded components from the setup department are accurate
- Understand the basic hardware mechanics of the SMT equipment
- Learn all production screens and tabs of the pick and place software to ensure how to navigate the machine operation
- Understand basic troubleshooting skills with regards to component placement accuracy, board loading/unloading and fiducial data
- Work closely with AOI operator to ensure quality is maintained according to IPC 610 standards. This feedback is in response to correcting defects that may occur while operating the pick and place machines and/or screen printer
- Works closely with SMT Support team to ensure quality and to maintain production flow on the lines by reducing troubleshooting downtime
- Run the AOI machine to monitor quality coming down the lines
- Maintain and rely on IPC-610x training to ensure the correct defect calls are made and to know when to elevate problems to support staff
- Fully understand MES with regards to routing and reading MWI’s. Review of production documentation and verifying BOM revisions match the pick and place programs
- Clean stencils and returning them to the proper storage location during the build process
- Maintain ESD practices
- Adhere to MSDS procedures (PROC025A)
- Area maintenance and general tidiness and organization of materials
Who you are:
- Have a high school diploma
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Capable of following procedures and work logically
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects
- Conscientious and willing to ask questions
- Solid aptitude for learning
- Able to lift and bend
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Previous experience with machine operation
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly