Technical Writer (24 Month Contract) (Job Req #2024-014)
Technical Writer (18 Month Contract) (Job Req #2024-014)
The successful candidate will work closely with product development to design, write, edit, and proofread manuals, quick start guides, and other product documentation. You will focus on Ross Graphics Solutions which provides motion graphics, workflow tools, and purpose-built software applications for state-of-the-art graphics overlays, real-time motion graphics, virtual, augmented and extended reality, and more. You will also work on documenting 3rd party products that provide control and other on-air tools used by today’s broadcasters.
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- In-depth understanding and accurate execution of the Ross Technical Writing Workflow, and Style Guide.
- Accountable for the quality of work delivered for the specific project.
- Create user-oriented documentation targeting readers of all technical levels.
- Provide regular status report updates to the team.
- Act as an occasional trainer for other employees.
- Become a subject matter expert for Ross Video products.
- Participate in postmortem reviews: what worked, what did not, what we can do better.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Who you are:
- Post-secondary degree in English, Journalism, Computer Software Engineering, or related areas is required
- 5+ Years of technical writing experience is required
- Working knowledge of word processing, graphics, and desktop publishing programs is required
- Experience with collaborative and or iterative development model(s) is desired
- Knowledge of FrameMaker, Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Help & Manual or other online help authoring applications, and MS Word
- A strong attention for detail and a critical mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-starter, quick learner, and able to work with minimum supervision
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Knowledge of product development lifecycle(s) is desired
- Knowledge of television production would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of gaming graphic technologies would be considered an asset
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary