Demo Artist & Trainer - Generalist (Job Req #2024-010)
Demo Artist & Trainer - Generalist (Job Req #2024-010)
The Demo Artist & Trainer – Generalist is responsible for performing the commissioning and training of Ross products and integrating these into the Broadcast systems at client locations globally. The position requires above average knowledge on Ross Switchers, XPression, Dashboard and Ultrix. This front line individual is responsible for managing customer expectations, completing required documentation, providing end user technical & operational training and ensuring that the system performs as specified. This key individual works closely with our Sales and Technical Services Team to ensure delivery of the Ross Superior Customer Experience.
Who you report to: Manager, Training Solutions - Sports & Graphics
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Provide effective
- Onsite installation/commissioning/training services.
- Complete required documentation.
- Customer/technical service.
- Troubleshoot technical/systems issues at customer facilities.
- Provide support to the implementation team, as required.
- Assist with set-up/demos and attend tradeshows as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- On-site, off-site, online/remote customer demonstrations and tradeshow events
- Ensures integrity of the demo experience and provides feedback and input re: areas for improvement
- Setup demo equipment, assists with set-up and prepares/tests gear prior to demos
- Reports back to the Sales and Marketing Product Management (MPM) groups regarding current industry trends and customer feedback
- Maintains above average knowledge base and skill set in the functionality and demonstration of Ross Video’s product lines and solutions, which include: Production Switchers, Character Generation & Graphics, Video Severs & Social Media Management.
- Customer training - on-site, off-site and online training
- Internal training - other Ross staff members
- Maintains integrity of the training experience and provides feedback and input re: areas for improvement
- Maintains training equipment, assists with set-up and prepares/tests gear prior to training sessions
- Maintains Ross Solution and Product knowledge, training on more than one product platform and assisting in workflow implementation cross products.
- Completes required documentation.
- Perform Onsite software installation/Upgrades.
- Perform Commissioning of multiple product lines.
- Perform Customer technical training services.
- Perform Complete required documentation. ie daily reports
- Perform Customer/technical service.
- Perform Troubleshoot technical/systems issues at customer facilities.
- Provide support to the to the implementation team, as required
- Responsible for personal professional development on the technical integrity of customer commissioning experience
- Maintain above average knowledge base and skill set in given product lines
- Provides customer feedback to Sales, Manager, Product team, if necessary
- Specific product knowledge above average. Works to help support teammates technically
- Self-sufficient, onsite problem solving, fulfilling all communication duties for all departments or people involved (Sales, TS, PM)
- Proper etiquette when communicating with customers
- Can correct, resolve issues, solve problems both internally and externally. Problem solves by collecting, recording, and analyzing missing information. Exercises own judgment when working on customer facing projects. Raises unusual problems to Manager
- Pre-project coordination with customers, understanding and conveying full scope of work to the customer
Who you are:
- Technical diploma and knowledge of broadcast systems
- Additional education and computer courses are strong assets
- Superior customer skills, including excellent verbal and written communications (English mandatory)
- Above average skills on Ross Video products, including Ross Carbonite switcher, XPression and Dashboard
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, positive, determined and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to envision entire projects and look for problem areas High initiative, resourceful and well developed analytical skills
- High Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Must be able to maintain healthy relationships with customers
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to various audiences
- Ability to function is highly stressful situations
- Excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Basic IP knowledge is a must
- Strong knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills
- Strong skill set in live sports productions
- Valid Driver’s License and Current Passport
- Willing to travel 80-90% of the time (short-notice and international trips)
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Knowledge of Ross Video products and workflow solutions would be a definite asset
- Knowledge of other languages is a definite asset
- Project management experience would be an asset
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Creative & Technical Services
- Pay Type Salary