Senior FPGA Designer/Architect (Job Req #2024-008)
Senior FPGA Designer/Architect (Job Req #2024-008)
The ideal candidate is part of our product development team creating world-leading next generation broadcast video processing technology. You participate in all phases of FPGA development from specifications and design to customer support. You coordinate with the product manager on overall product vision and lead the FPGA developers in the design of new products and the improvement of existing products.
You have an advanced knowledge of RTL coding, physical implementation, timing constraints, lab alidation/integration/troubleshooting of complex FPGA designs comprising a mix of custom RTL with hard and soft vendor IP cores within a larger embedded system context.
Our team is Agile and DevOps aligned, with a focus on continuous learning and automation. We hold backlog refinements and post-mortems, regularly tackle technical debt and reserve time for innovation.
If you've ever watched live television, news, sports, or entertainment, you've seen our products in use. Major award shows, most professional sports teams, and many of the largest broadcasters in the world use Ross Video technology. Get behind the scenes and learn about what it takes to make live events possible.
Who you report to: Director, Hyperconverged Solutions - Edge Technologies, KVM
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Architect, design, simulate and test leading edge SoC FPGA solutions
- Develop high-level design requirements and support product definitions
- Work with other members of the team to verify the functionality of the FPGA, SW & HW
- Provide significant technical leadership to design review preparation, execution, and timely action item closure for complex issues
- Generate both specification & design documentation to support cross functional aspects of the NPI process
- Lead the overall FPGA delivery, which entails collaborating with cross-functional teams, suppliers and customers to ensure the overall design meets the requirements according to an established project plan
- Thoroughly self-test all designs and support PV/QA throughout development – this includes reviewing test plans, validating feedback, and debugging/fixing hardware problems as required
- Participate in Agile Scrum ceremonies like stand-ups, retrospectives, refinement, and sprint kick-offs
- Coach and mentor team members to attain breakthrough results in assigned deliverables
- Create first class FPGA designs by innovating in design, project management, tools and workflow
Who you are:
- In-depth knowledge of (System)Verilog
- Expert in FPGA workflow including RTL design capture, synthesis, timing closure, prototyping and release processes
- Knowledge of GIT revision control systems, branching and tagging methodologies
- Expertise in RTL debugging through simulations and in-FPGA logic analyzers
Familiarity with the following technologies:
- SoC FPGA interconnects such as Avalon or AXI interfaces
- PCI Express, Ethernet 1/10/25/100GE, 12G-SDI, HDMI, DisplayPort
- Compression technologies: NDI, SRT, AVC/HEVC
- High-speed transceivers
- Timing recovery / Synchronization
- DMA engines, hardware acceleration (off-load engines), and high-performance memory controllers
- UVM Based Testbenches
- Vivado and Quartus development tools
- Knowledge of software languages such as C, C++, Python a plus
- Understanding of digital video, audio and associated audio standards a plus
- B.S. in Engineering required
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work as part of a team or independently as required
- Keen observational skills and problem solving intuition
- Organized and detail oriented self-starter
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and work towards finding creative solutions to challenging problems
- Comfortable moving forward aggressively; balancing risks appropriately to optimize success across all business aspects – good, fast, and cheap
- Equally comfortable contributing as a team member or championing an idea with upper management
- Minimum 8 years FPGA development experience with expertise in Video/Audio technologies preferred
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary