Solutions Architect (Job Req #2023-342)
Solutions Architect (Job Req #2023-342)
The Solution Architect will support the US and Canada Sales team in its initiative to increase sales of Ross Video technology in dynamic and innovative applications. This key role in the Ross Sales organization requires a unique blend of engineering / solutions solving skills along with the “soft skills” required in a sales process. The Solution Architect is responsible, during pre-and post-sales activities, for ensuring Ross Video’s Superior Customer Experience. This requires collaboration with the sales team, customer interaction and managing the client’s expectations throughout the engagement. For complex projects, coordination with our services implementation team including Schedulers, Commissioners, Trainers, Creative Services Technical Support Specialists, and Field Service Developers, to ensure a successful launch of Ross solutions at clients’ facilities.
Who you report to: Director, Technical Solutions - USA & Canada
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Participates and contributes to sales opportunities driven by the Regional Sales Managers, prioritizing efforts based on maximizing total impact on the team’s productivity.
- Scopes technical solutions to address customer requirements, assess customers met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Ross Video.
- Coordinates closely with Ross’ internal Sales team and business partners to align solutions designed to meet our customers’ business requirements.
- Proactively engage in opportunity reviews ensuring they are properly configured aligned in the sales process.
- Educate and provide professional development to team and business partners to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Engages in customer facing product presentations, demos, training, and workflow guidance to end-users and business partners at customer premise or tradeshows.
- Pursue additional business development opportunities and collaborates with Sales to ensure these are effectively covered and advanced.
- Develop project plans, assist scheduling with resource allocation, coordinate Ross technical services, third party resources and client teams.
Who you are:
- Works on systems oriented and highly technical projects.
- Create drawings that capture the define specific opportunities, while also creating general variations for use by other groups at Ross
- Help to prepare world-class customer facing proposal supplements.
- Manages proposals for large RFPs.
- Provides client feedback to Marketing Product Manager(s) on product & application requirements.
- Perform product demo and configurations for business partners and end users on Ross specific Products and workflows.
- Coordinate with DTE and Demo Artist upcoming system demos as required.
- Performs other related duties.
- Degree/diploma from an accredited institution in a related field
- Minimum 5 years of combined sales, sales engineering, systems application, product specialist, or end user experience.
- Record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a customer facing environment.
- Thorough understanding of how Ross products are used in the field currently and an ability to extend those uses to new applications.
- Understanding and proficient in system engineering and design including master control, infrastructure, routing, SMPTE 2110 and virtualization.
- Working knowledge of Robotic Camera systems, Cameras, Graphics systems, Playback Servers, Production Switchers, Scalers, Routers, Device Control protocols, and the roles they play in various applications.
- Advanced skill set using Visio for customer drawings. AutoCAD is a bonus for specific robotic designs.
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills.
- Able to work co-operatively with and across all company departments.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Possesses strong and creative problem-solving traits
- Experience working with CRM’s, specifically Salesforce
- Positive, Determined, Problem Solver
- Ability to work well independently and contribute to a team environment
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Willing to Travel up to 40% of the time (North America)
- Must live within 65 miles of major airport
- Valid Passport and Driver’s License
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Salary