System Debug Technician - Iroquois, ON (Job Req #2023-337)
System Debug Technician (Job Req #2023-337)
The System Debug Technician (SDT) will be responsible for providing testing & troubleshooting of completed assemblies including PCBAs in the manufacturing department. SDT will also work closely with the Test Development Team for new product introduction and validation of testing requirements. As an SDT you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of Ross Video Technologies and Products. This position is located in our state of the art manufacturing facility in Iroquois, On.
Who you report to: Manager Test, Technical Debug
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Troubleshooting, from fully assembled systems all the way down to the component level on PCBAs.
- Initiate repairs using appropriate routing and rework tools.
- Work with Production Managers, Specialists, and cell supervisors for work prioritization to ensure internal and external customer demands are met.
- Technical support to Production test staff, by validating infrastructure integrity and initiating repairs.
- Technical support to the Test Development team on NPI (new product introduction)
- Use various test equipment and tools (hardware and software) to test and debug products.
- As required, perform production configuration, testing and calibration following established procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Adhere to Ross Video Health and Safety policies
Who you are:
- Must have computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and core business-use tools.
- Knowledge of video and audio standards and broadcasting would be an asset
- Robotics’ experience would be an asset
- Ability to work rotational schedule
- Ability to solder if required (jig repair)
- Solid technical abilities and organizational skills
- High initiative and well developed analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Ability to cope with varying levels of support and documentation
- Self-starter, quick learner and able to work with minimum supervision in meeting schedules
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Salary