Systems Administrator - Linux (Ottawa Region - Job Req #2023-335)
Systems Administrator - Linux (Job Req #2023-335)
Working in the corporate Information Technology team located in Ottawa, the Intermediate Systems Administrator - Linux will have the responsibility to support every area of our rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will develop the fundamental system integrations and data structures for our Linux systems and will be part of a core team that directly contributes to Ross Video’s success.
Who you report to: Manager, IT Infrastructure
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Develops, plans, and implements solutions to support 1400+ users in a multi-site mixed-OS network environment
- Responsible for R&D Linux and Windows Servers, uptime, and operation within established service levels.
- Manages IT projects of medium to large scope, including new system rollouts, facility moves, and server environment deployments.
- Develops and implements automation, management and maintenance plans for Linux server and desktop environment.
- Creates, maintains, and validates appropriate disaster avoidance and recovery plans for this architecture.
- Maintain current technological edge in areas related to Ross’s network technologies.
- Optimizes servers and network infrastructure, VPN, Firewalls, data recovery, and malware/security software
- Troubleshoot network, computer, or system failures
- Liaise with external providers where appropriate
- Assist Systems Administrators and IT Help Desk Technicians as needed.
- Troubleshoot assigned IT Help Desk tickets and assist team members when required.
- Perform other related duties as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent training and experience
- Knowledge of compute cluster technologies such as Sun Grid Engine and SLURM
- RHCE / CCNA or equivalent experience with Linux and networking platforms
- Linux server services and configuration such as but not limited to BIND, DHCP, Apache, Print Services, NFS & other file services
- Linux automation, DevOps & scripting techniques such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Bash, Python, Ruby or Perl
- Knowledge of various Linux distributions including but not limited to Ubuntu, CentOS/RedHat Linux
- Experience with cloud infrastructure management & tools such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Terraform
- Palo Alto or other next-generation firewall (NGFW) platforms
- Enterprise Switch configuration: VLAN, QoS, PoE, Routing
- Linux, Windows and macOS operating systems including experience in upgrading and migrating those platforms
- Git, Jenkins, SVN, Bugzilla and other similar tools
- VMware Infrastructure (ESX)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory integrations to Linux
- Approachable and excellent communication skills. Ability to translate deep technical solutions at a high level
- Team player but able to work independently
- Able to envision the entire project and identify problem/risk areas
- Able to organize/create required documentation, be thorough, and very detail orientated
- High initiative and well developed analytical skills
- Technical, mechanical, hands-on person
- Minimum 4-6 years IT experience developing Linux network architecture
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Mac, and Windows Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of networking and VPN protocols
- Linux Server design, monitoring, and troubleshooting experience
- Technical Linux and Windows or PC hardware background is a strong asset
- Experience in a product development environment is an asset
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record, a reliable vehicle is a must
- Travel between Ottawa and Iroquois and remote offices when required.
- Valid Passport
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Pay Type Salary