Graphics Programmer & Designer
Graphics Programmer & Designer
The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of and/or participation in Ross Creative and Professional Services activities, by providing services for the design, creation, and implementation of XPression real-time graphics and graphics packages and assisting with key XPression Sales and Marketing opportunities.
This position is located in our Ottawa office or a home-based office setting, if mutually agreed upon.
Who you report to: Art Director of Creative Services
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
Graphic Integration and Design:
- Creates XPression templates and animations, using native Xpression tools and provided base graphic elements – such as 3D models, still images, and clips.
- Designs XPression templates and animations from scratch, using native XPression tools and 3rd-party graphics applications such as Cinema 4D and Adobe Suite.
- Creates packages that conform to standardized workflows outlined by the Art Director.
- Ensures appropriate automation hooks are created for outside control.
- Utilize XPression Visual Logic and scripting for automated, dynamic templates.
- Setup XPression Datalinq to pull in external data feeds and interface with external data aggregation systems.
- Use Ross Dashboard to create manual user interface panels and backup solutions for XPression automated graphics.
- Responsible for implementation and integration of graphics packages at customer’s sites, as required.
- Attends meetings and conference calls as required to scope, complete, or otherwise facilitate successful completion of assigned projects as they relate to the job.
- Work with other creative and professional service members to institute a consistent and standardized workflow solution.
- Works with Ross team members to create style and operational guides for end users.
- Documents any custom scripting methodologies to ensure future support from Ross.
- May be required to create project style-guides of assets.
Who you are:
- Post-secondary degree or trade school diploma
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe creative suite
- Advanced knowledge of Cinema 4D and Redshift renderer knowledge a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of IT workflows
- Intermediate computer programming experience in VB, SQL, and/or JAVA is desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Proficient knowledge of Unreal Engine a plus
- Minimum 2-5 years production experience in broadcast (studio or remote) or sport venue
- Minimum 2-5 years of graphic design experience.
- Proficient knowledge of broadcast graphics workflows
- Organized and very detail orientated
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for animation and choreography of movement
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills
- High tolerance of ambiguity
- Team-oriented, and able to work co-operatively with Ross and end users
- Enthusiastic problem solver
- Willing to travel on a project-by-project basis up to 50% of the time
- Valid Passport and Valid Driver’s License
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Creative & Technical Services
- Pay Type Salary