Product Verification Specialist - Inception (Job Req #2023-260)
Who you report to: Software Manager - Inception
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Plan and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases based on new product features, customer requirements or identified problems
- Collaborate with your teammates and advocate for quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Identify test scenarios that are critical and repetitive and support automation development.
- Report defects with quality descriptions and work closely with the development team to see through and verify resolutions
- Support ongoing software development efforts which include participating in Agile based SDLC – requirements gathering, scoping, design, implementation, documentation, testing and maintenance
- Work with other testers and developers to support end to end workflow testing.
- Continually contribute to the improvement of testing within the organization
- Investigative mindset and technical expertise that supports a range of testing approaches, tools, and techniques.
- You enjoy exploring and discovering interesting app behaviours
- Detail-oriented with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Good understanding of testing at scale, performance, and software reliability
- Ability to work closely in a team setting with an open, collaborative communication style
- Experience working with both Windows and MacOS environments.
- Solid understanding of the Agile development process
- Explore and run tests on apps and underlying code to reveal and communicate to project stakeholders' quality-related information.
- Plan and execute tests.
- Report on test results and provide technical details to support findings
- Create and maintain testing documentation and records.
- Contribute to the improvement of the testing practice overall
- Experience testing apps on iOS and Android based mobile devices.
Who you are:
- 3-5 years hands on manual testing experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- Ability and desire to travel – not a requirement for this role but the opportunity may present itself if you enjoy interacting with and learning from your end-users as a product expert
Bonus Points if you have the following:
- Knowledge of one or more test automation tools such as Selenium, JUnit, Robot Framework, JMeter and Cucumber
- Experience with Git is an asset
- Experience working with Linux commands as well as an Intermediate level understanding of the Linux operating system
- Knowledge of live video production technology, particularly editorial workflow tools
- Automation experience utilizing tools and scripts for API level testing
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?