Systems Administrator, IT Applications (Job Req #2023-237)
The Systems Administrator, IT Applications will assist in managing core operational needs for Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions in use by Ross Video. Reporting to the Manager of IT Applications, you will work closely with others on the IT Application team, IT Corporate Security, and our IT Asset manager ensuring we meet the operational requirements for data security and compliance. You will also flex your analytical skills and help us find ways to make improvements.
Who you report to: Manager, IT Applications
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Co-manage or completely manage day to day operations for the various Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions in use by Ross Video teams, with an eye to ensuring all aspects of security and compliance are adhered to
- Work with the IT Asset manager as required for licensing compliance
- Manages IT projects of small to large scale, including new solution rollouts, maintenance, and upgrades
- Conducts SaaS solution capacity forecasts and health assessments
- Creates, maintains, and validates appropriate disaster recovery plans with the larger IT team
- Optimize resource allocation by proposing improvements
- Monitor system logs to ensure health, uptime, and quality of service
- Perform relevant system & application patching and upgrades as they pertain to the SaaS solutions in use by Ross Video
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to SaaS platforms
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices, and metrics as directed
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design, and standards
- Troubleshoot assigned IT Help Desk tickets and assist team members when required
- Provide afterhours support on an as needed basis to support core company operations
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent training and experience in the IT field
- Proven administration skills for SaaS solutions, including integrating SaaS solutions with Azure AD for Single Sign On.
- Minimum 4-6 years IT Administration of SaaS solutions experience
- Solid understanding of virtualization and networking as they pertain to SaaS solutions an asset.
- SaaS solution integration with on premise solutions, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Approachable and possess excellent communication skills
- Team player but able to work independently
- Able to envision the entire project and look for problem areas
- Organized, thorough, and very detail orientated
- High initiative and well-developed analytical skills
- Technical, hands-on person
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure cloud platforms (an asset)
- Knowledge of monitoring and measurement systems (PRTG, Grafana, OpenManage) a plus
- Experience in a product development environment is an asset
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Creative & Technical Services
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?