Software Developer - Field Support (Job Req #2023-233)
We are seeking a talented software engineer to join the Carbonite switchers group at Ross Video – Carbonite group. Carbonite group is responsible for developing highly successful and acclaimed video Carbonite switchers and control surfaces, such as TouchDrive. In this role, your primary focus will be to address field support issues that are escalated to R&D. This will involve debugging, identifying, and fixing problems primarily based on field tickets and logs, with occasional customer-facing interactions. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on industry-leading products and play a critical role in ensuring our customers receive exceptional solutions. If you are a skilled software engineer with a passion for problem-solving and a commitment to delivering high-quality solutions, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Who you report to: Technical Product Manager
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries, comprehensive health plans, and several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, the option to work from home or office, generous paid time off, a fitness/wellness allowance, an employee share ownership program, development support, and many fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we've got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Collaborate with the support team to triage and prioritize field tickets related to Carbonite products.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex technical issues based on logs and other diagnostic information provided.
- Develop and implement software fixes for issues found in the field.
- Work with hardware engineers and software engineers to identify and resolve issues that may be related to software or hardware.
- Occasionally travel to various cities to address customer support issues.
- Architect solutions to satisfy customer requirements.
- Work with product management to understand customer requirements.
- Work with a product verification specialist to debug failing test cases.
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions to ensure high-quality, maintainable code.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and best practices in software engineering.
- Collaborate with other teams within Ross Video to ensure that software changes are properly integrated and tested.
- Perform other related duties as required
Who you are:
- Strong proficiency in C++ programming language, with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience in debugging complex software issues using various tools and techniques.
- Experience with version control using SVN.
- Experience with software design patterns and principles of object-oriented programming.
- Familiarity with operating systems (Windows, Linux) and network protocols.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze and diagnose complex technical issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Passion for learning and staying up-to-date with the latest software development trends and technologies.
- Additional Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of television production.
- Knowledge of broadcast, audio, and video standards.
- Knowledge of Linux Open Source development tools.
- Familiarity with various Linux distributions, such as Yocto, Ubuntu, or even Buildroot.
- Familiarity with security standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of Linux scripting.
- Knowledge of GNU Make systems.
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function R&D
- Pay Type Salary