Technical Support Specialist (Job Req #2023-241)
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support remotely and onsite through remote sessions, ticketing systems, phone support, and onsite support as needed for Ross Video products. We assist customers in resolving issues by providing solutions to technical and service problems and provide “Superior Customer Experience” through effective handling of customer issues or concerns. We work with some amazing customers, and you will get to be a part of helping them make an impact on their audiences. Please take a look at some of our Success Stories!
Who you report to: Manager, Technical Support - Ottawa
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Assist Customers with technical setup questions, troubleshooting efforts, and product specific solutions.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Empowering our customers to get the most of their products and solutions.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues through a ticketing system
- Prepare accurate and timely reports, as needed
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base technical notes and articles
- Expedite returned material from the field for service reasons
- Provide effective installation and commissioning services, technical product training and on-site support, as required. This may require travel on short notice.
- Available for on call rotation or assistance with escalated issues after-hours
- Travel up to 25% to local West Coast customers upon request or for urgent support issues
- Car allowance may be included dependant on criteria
Who you are:
- Technical diploma and knowledge of Broadcast Engineering or similar field such as college or University degrees in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer or Robotics Engineering
- Located within an hour drive of Los Angeles metro area
- 5+ years Customer service experience in a technical support or field support environment
- Must be proficient in the English language (read, write, speak)
- Excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Keen attention to detail with accurate record keeping
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Additional education and computer courses are strong assets such as AWS, SMPTE 2110
- Prior knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM systems will be an asset
- Prior knowledge of Zendesk or other ticketing systems will be an asset
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Creative & Technical Services
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?