Business Development Manager - XPression & RVS, EMEA (Job Req #2023-173)
Develop, execute, and manage business development efforts for Ross Video’s award-winning XPression Real-Time Motion Graphics System and Ross Virtual Solutions across EMEA. Provide sales support to the Regional Sales Managers (RSM) and the Directors of Sales for their regions and provide market feedback to the XPression product and development teams. Provide customer services to client organizations by performing the following duties personally, or through assistance with Sales, Inside Sales, Sales Operations, and the Regional Marketing department:
Who you report to: Manager, Global Business Development - XPression & RVS
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Work with regional RSM, Technical Solutions Specialists and partners with tenders, RFP/RFQ responses.
- Assistance with Salesforce order management.
- Build relationships with prospects to promote Ross graphics systems and workflow.
- Leverage existing relationships with customers and resellers to promote Ross graphics.
- Seek out, develop, and maintain relationships with 3rd-party graphics automation, design, and custom implementation companies, in concert with the product team, to generate minimal-effort, recurring Ross graphics revenue.
- Travel to different territories to support and deliver key onsite customer demos and presentations and assess unique needs of the region.
- Demonstrate XPression software at a basic level via webinar and at customer sites.
- Work in tandem with the XPression and RVS product specialist(s) and demo artists to deliver outstanding high-level demonstrations.
- Advise and assist end users, re-sellers, and system integrators concerning sales and purchase of Ross graphics.
- Actively work with Ross graphics product marketing and Director(s) of Sales to tailor messaging and implement marketing strategy specific to each region.
- Organize Ross graphics road shows, training events, and other user activities in cooperation with product marketing.
- Participate in product shows, partner events, and trade association meetings.
- Develop and maintain XPression and RVS sales forecasting to achieve territorial sales goals.
- Meet monthly/annual XPression and RVS orders targets.
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales orders, pipeline, and areas of proposed market expansion.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Review articles in trade publications to keep abreast of the latest developments in graphics technology.
- Provide high-level oversight of Ross graphics implementations in the early post-sale process to ensure all commitments are kept and the customer is satisfied.
- Assist in resolution of customer complaints regarding equipment, supplies, and services.
- Follow company code of ethics, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Who you are:
- Experience working in or around broadcast television graphics and television news
- Proficiency in broadcast graphics platforms from Ross Video and other competitive vendors
- Understanding of the live production and MOS workflows, especially graphics and Media Asset Management
- Passionate about broadcast & production industry
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent writing and communication skills
- Able to work co-operatively with and across all company departments
- A solid understanding of broadcast & IT systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Familiarity with software development processes
- Background in salesforce.com
- Background in technical training is an asset
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solver
- Team Oriented
- Willing to travel up to 60% of the time
- Valid passport
- Valid Driver’s License
- English speaking & writing proficiency is required
- Proficiency in additional European languages is desired
- Occasional requirement to set-up equipment – involves lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, bending, stooping, etc.
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?