Electronics Test Technician (Job Req #2023-197) Iroquois, On
Working both independently and in a team environment; working with and assisting senior technicians with all functional test equipment and fixtures to assure all systems are functional and operating within Ross standards. This position is based in our Manufacturing facility in Iroquois, Ontario.
Who you report to: Test Development Manager
What we offer
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video family, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Troubleshooting anywhere from fully assembled systems all the way down to the component level on PCBAs
- Initiating repairs using appropriate routing and rework tools
- Working with Production Managers, Lead-Hands and cell supervisors for work prioritization to ensure internal and external customer demands are met
- Providing technical support to Production test staff, by validating infrastructure integrity and initiating repairs as well as providing technical support to the Test Development team on NPI (new product introduction).
- Use various test equipment and tools (hardware and software) to test and debug products and as required,
- Perform production configuration, testing and calibration following established procedures, policies and protocols and performing other related duties as required
Who you are:
- Electronics Technician/Technologist diploma or equivalent in experience is required
- Excellent understanding of electronic theory and applications, with an emphasis on digital components such as CPU, FPGA, flash, etc.
- A solid foundation in schematic reading and interpretation with a working knowledge of Linux and other command line interface with hardware and knowledge of JTAG technologies (IEEE 1149.1, 1149.6.). Familiarity with a wide variety of test equipment (i.e.: high-speed scopes, video/audio generators/analysers, DVMs, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such as AutoIt, TCL, or equivalent and experience with programming languages such as C, C++ or equivalent.
- An above average PC/Windows computer skill set specifically related to network and serial interface and configuration
- Must have computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and core business-use tools and knowledge of video and audio standards, and broadcasting would be an asset
- The ability to solder if required (jig repair) is an asset
- Exceptional technical abilities and organizational skills
- High initiative and well-developed analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Talent to cope with varying levels of support and documentation
- Self-starter and quick learner and
- Able to work with minimum supervision while meeting schedules.
- Able to lift 50 lbs., and to work in a manufacturing environment in an individual workstation, within a moderately noisy setting
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
At Ross, we put the health and safety of our employees and their families first. It is our responsibility to provide a safe work environment, and as such, we strongly encourage all employees globally to get vaccinated against Covid-19. As a global company, we understand that policies and legislations may vary from country to country. In certain jurisdictions, Ross has implemented a Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccine Policy for all employees and proof of vaccination may be required during the hiring process. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team.
- Job Function Manufacturing
- Pay Type Hourly
Something looks off?