Demonstration Artist and Trainer, EMEA (Job Req #2023-151)
The Demo Artist and Trainer is responsible for performing the commissioning of Ross products and integrating these into the Broadcast systems at client locations globally. The position requires above average knowledge on Ross Switchers, Servers, and Dashboard. This front-line individual is responsible for managing customer expectations, completing required documentation, providing end user technical & operational training, and ensuring that the system performs operationally as specified. This key individual works closely with our Sales and Services Team to ensure delivery of the Ross Superior Customer Experience.
Who you report to: Services Manager - EMEA
What we offer:
Ross offers competitive salaries and comprehensive health plans, as well as several perks to help you perform at your best.
Some of these perks include flexible hours, generous paid time off, fitness/wellness allowance, employee share ownership program, professional development support and a ton of fun social activities and events!
Best of all, you will be part of the Ross Video team, and we’ve got a pretty energizing environment here.
What the job is all about:
- Onsite / online training services.
- Onsite/ online customer demonstrations.
- Complete required documentation.
- Troubleshoot technical/systems issues at customer facilities.
- Provide support to the implementation team, as required.
- Assist with set-up/demos and attend tradeshows as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- On-site, off-site, online/remote customer demonstrations and tradeshow events
- Ensures integrity of the demo experience and provides feedback and input re: areas for improvement
- Setup demo equipment, assists with set-up and prepares/tests gear prior to demos
- Reports back to the Sales and Marketing Product Management (MPM) groups regarding current industry trends and customer feedback
- Maintains above average knowledge base and skill set in the functionality and demonstration of Ross Video’s product lines and solutions, which include Production Switchers and Video Servers
- Perform on-site, off-site, and online/remote customer training
- Maintain training equipment, assist with set-up and prepare/test gear prior to training sessions
- Provide customer feedback to the MPM & TPM on product operation, features, and roadmap
- Actively participate in Ross’ user forums, lead key discussions, and assist Product users
- Specific product knowledge above average. Works to help support teammates technically or operationally
- Self-sufficient, onsite problem solving, fulfilling all communication duties for all departments or people involved (Sales, TS, PM)
- Superior communication with customers and internally regarding processes, setting-up and understanding customer expectations, raising issues if any
- Proper etiquette when communicating with customers
- Can correct, resolve issues, solve problems both internally and externally. Problem solves by collecting, recording, and analyzing missing information. Exercises own judgment when working on customer facing projects. Raises unusual problems to Manager
- Pre-project coordination with customers, understanding and conveying full scope of work to the customer
- Good working knowledge of broadcast systems
- Superior customer skills, including excellent verbal and written communications
- Above average skills on Ross Video products, including Ross Carbonite switcher, Ross Servers, and Dashboard
- Knowledge of other languages is a definite bonus
- Well-organized, very detail oriented, positive, determined, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to envision entire projects and look for problem areas High initiative, resourceful and well-developed analytical skills
- High Tolerance of Ambiguity
- Must be able to maintain healthy relationships with customers
- Must be able to work with a team as well as independently
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to various audiences
- Ability to function is highly stressful situations
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent trouble shooting and debugging skills.
- Basic IP knowledge is a must.
- Knowledge of Ross Video products and workflow solutions would be a definite asset.
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills
- A strong desire to get the job done.
- Strong interpersonal and observational skills.
- Strong skill set in live sports productions
- Work Environment:
- Onsite or Online where services are required
- Various customer locations (broadcast studios, control rooms, educational facilities, houses of worship, sports arenas, tradeshows…)
- Travel up to 70%
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Passport
At Ross, we embrace diversity, and we want you to bring your authentic self to work. We are committed to building a team that includes a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Inclusivity drives innovation and creativity, and that’s something we’re passionate about at Ross! We believe everyone should be able to enjoy a rewarding career at Ross, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability. If a disability means that you need any additional support during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
- Job Function Creative & Technical Services
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?