We are looking for a HR Generalist to join the People & Culture team, reporting to the Senior People & Culture Leader. This role will provide day-to-day support to the teams in all facets of HR.
Who are we?
Rival Group, comprised of Rival Technologies and Reach3 Insights, is an award-winning global insights firm on a mission to transform the insights industry through the power of mobile messaging-based, conversational insights.
Rival Technologies is solving a massive problem in the research industry by creating Community 2.0, an insights community platform using chat-based tech and conversational approaches. We engage with consumers via organic mobile messaging-based solutions to capture rich, in-the-moment qual/quant human insights at scale. Reach3 is a full-service research consultancy that develops scalable, conversational insight solutions for today’s modern, agile enterprise.
- Here is a link to a demo video that shows us in action.
But, why us for your next career adventure?
By allowing companies to engage consumers via modern technologies that people use, we’re boldly taking the insights world to its next phase. We compensate fairly. We are committed to pay equity/fair pay practices and closing the gender salary gap. Our compensation package includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- RRSP plan with employer match
- Hybrid working model and home office benefits
- Generous vacation, sick, personal, and mental health days
Interested? Yeah. We thought you might be.
What You'll Do:
- Provide first-point-of-contact support and guidance to employees on HR-related matters.
- Ensure effective communication and implementation of initiatives, processes, and tools including salary benchmarks, job leveling, recognition, etc.
- Continually review, revise, and support implementation of all HR policies, handbooks, processes, and programs, including performance management program.
- Facilitate new employee onboarding and orientation processes and programs; with the Director, HR, continuously work to improve the onboarding process to ensure new employee success in their role and the company overall.
- Manage all offboarding processes including asset return and exit interviews.
- Help administer all internal programs; help the payroll team process payroll-related items.
- Champion all things employee engagement and culture; build programs that support our employees and help the company achieve their goals; incorporate company values.
- Act as SME for our internal HR Management Systems (HRIS, Payroll, SharePoint, etc.) with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Prepare employee letters (employment verification, visa letters, annual compensation, role change letters, etc.) announcements, and other communications/correspondence as required.
- Work in tandem with the Talent Acquisition Lead to assist with recruiting programs; and implement best practices for hiring top talent.
- Assist with employee benefits programs (in the US & Canada) and relevant analysis, renewal, and open enrollment activities as required.
- Prepare standard weekly/monthly reports for distribution to the executive team and create ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Support company compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including employment standards, employment law, human rights, health and safety, and privacy legislation; protect the interests of the employees and the company; liaise with external counsel where appropriate.
What You'll Have:
- Minimum 3-6 years of progressive experience in Human Resources.
- Degree in HR, Business, or other related discipline (preferred).
- Hold or are working towards a CPHR designation.
- Sound understanding of HR principles, policies, and practices and ability to apply this knowledge to develop creative, effective solutions.
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll and benefits processes/best practices (BC Employment Standards)
- Willingness to learn US employment laws and practices (specifically within California and Illinois).
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive matters with complete professionalism.
- Outstanding computer skills, including O365.
- Prior experience in the high-tech industry is strongly preferred.
Please note, that you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role. If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed in the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.