Customer Experience Co-op
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth. We’re looking for a Customer Experience Co-op to join one of our largest teams at Relay. This is a unique opportunity to support our growing customer base and become a product knowledge expert in all things Relay and Fintech.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to communicate directly with our customers through online queries and calls and flex your writing skills by creating helpful resources for customers. You're a creative problem solver with deep empathy for helping shape the future of small businesses. You will act as the face of Relay to our customers; this is some of our most important work. If you are solution-oriented, enjoy being resourceful, and have deep empathy for customers (and like to work with a fun team!); come join us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Deliver world-class customer support by answering incoming inquiries quickly, honestly, and helpfully
- Prioritize the customer experience by taking opportunities to build meaningful connections with customers that go beyond small talk (show interest in the customer and their business)
- Prioritize tasks and customer needs while working independently and autonomously
- Investigate and problem-solve together with team members from Engineering, Sales, Product, and beyond to troubleshoot customer issues and get results in a timely manner
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge base that empowers customers to troubleshoot issues and easily find answers to questions
Who You Are:
- You have 1+ years of experience working in customer support, success, or a customer-facing role
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, with the desire to grow and develop this further
- You have a team-first mentality and take opportunities to share learnings and learn from your fellow team members
- You have deep empathy for customers and balance being resourceful and direct with customers
- You have fine-tuned prioritization skills to maximize your impact
- You have the ability to rise to a challenge; you can handle change and uncertainty, at times
- You are naturally curious, you love to understand the “why” behind a problem or question and aren’t afraid to dig deep into problem-solving
- You have experience working with customer support tools or ticketing systems (Zendesk or similar)
- You have prior tech start-up experience or worked in a fast-paced environment
Our Commitment To You:
- The expected pay range for this position is $18/hr to $20/hr. Actual pay will be determined based on several factors such as past experience and qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. For the days we spend at home, you will need a dedicated and private room to conduct your work confidentially.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change co-op opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A short writing sample about customer experience
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with our Customer Experience Leads
- Stage 3: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with members of our Customer Experience team
- Reports to: Team Lead / Sr. Customer Experience Specialist
- Duration: May 6th 2024 - August 23rd 2024
- Employment type: Full-time Co-op
- Work Location: Remote.
- Possible weekend and holiday shifts
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.