IT, Data Science
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who will play a pivotal role in bridging data insights with strategic business decisions as Relay enters an exciting new chapter of growth. This is an opportunity to impact our product development and business strategies through expert data analysis and statistical proficiency. You'll be instrumental in ensuring that our teams are empowered with deep, actionable insights, enabling us to make informed, data-driven decisions that resonate with our customers' needs. Please note that we are a hybrid environment and choose to collaborate in the office twice a week.
What You'll Be Doing
- Consistently delivering high-quality data models, easy-to-interpret visuals (such as charts, graphs and dashboards), and reports. Demonstrate business acumen and initiative in tackling complex problems and embracing accountability for outcomes.
- Applying statistical methods to analyze data and generate useful business insights: You will be responsible for designing and conducting complex analyses, including determining statistical significance, to support data-driven decision-making. This involves effectively communicating your findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Perform exploratory data analysis and make predictions about the viability of new product features and markets.
- Tying data to key business metrics by analyzing qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources such as user feedback / surveys, operational data and event streams.
- Regularly reporting outcomes and insights to stakeholders across Relay, including the senior leadership team, providing a clear narrative of the impact on business objectives, thereby influencing future data-driven decision making.
What You'll Bring
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Data Analysis
- Expert-level SQL proficiency, encompassing advanced query writing, optimization and performance tuning, complex aggregations with window functions, as well as a deep understanding of data warehousing concepts, security best-practices, and analytical functions.
- Experience with business intelligence / data visualization tools (Looker, Metabase, Periscope, Mode, etc.)
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS, GCP or Azure) and familiarity with cloud data warehouse platforms (Bigquery, Snowflake, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with a data-oriented programming language ( Python, R, Julia)
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets and a curiosity for exploratory data analysis
- The ability to execute independently with the input of cross-functional stakeholders
- Adaptability to handle change and uncertainty at times; We are a startup after all!
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway, and together we'll figure out if this is the best role for you!
Our Commitment To You
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in the office two times a week and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your furry friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
- Stage 1: A quick online SQL evaluation
- Stage 2: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the People team
- Stage 3: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with our Director of Data and Insights
- Stage 4: A take-home Data Analytics case study, followed by a 45-minute presentation to members of the Data team
- Stage 5: A 30-minute Google Meets (or in-person) values interview with a non-technical member of the Relay senior leadership team
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.