Business Development Manager
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
We are looking for a passionate and results-driven Business Development Manager to help us expand our horizons and drive our growth to new heights. You will play a pivotal role in reshaping our business development strategy, identifying and capitalizing on business opportunities, forging strategic partnerships, and driving revenue growth.
Joining Relay means an opportunity to make a huge impact in building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. This is a unique opportunity to build our growing Sales team, contribute to our success story, and grow your career along with us.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead, manage and coach a world-class team of Business Development Representatives
- Identify opportunities in the business and execute projects to improve our sales process, strategy and playbooks
- Build, reshape and execute our Inbound/Outbound motion
- Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams including Marketing, Revenue Operations, Sales Enablement, etc.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and market dynamics to inform business development strategies
- Analyze data and feedback to refine and optimize approaches for maximum impact
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience managing and leading a Business Development or Sales team, ideally within a startup environment
- You are results-oriented with a track record of meeting and exceeding targets
- You have a creative and strategic mindset with a knack for identifying and amplifying market opportunities
- You are passionate about coaching and the development of people. We see our BDR team as the talent pipeline for the rest of our Revenue organization
- You have operational rigor – you are always looking for ways to solve and improve technical and process inefficiencies that impact the sales funnel
- You have prior experience in fintech or a neobank
- You have worked with SMBs in North America
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent team
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Director of Sales
- Stage 3: A whiteboard session followed by a presentation to our Sales team in a 60-minute Google Meets video call
- Stage 4: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Leadership team
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.