Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth and we’re looking for an IT Lead to join our Trust team. Your love of making high-impact decisions daily and desire to help shape the future of Relay is going to be crucial. The team’s vision is “Protecting the cathedral while enabling the bazaar” - quite a challenge in the scope of information technologies. This is an opportunity to get in at ground level and help scale our IT systems as we grow.
Our IT Lead will be required to work from our downtown Toronto office Monday-Thursdays.
What You'll Be Doing
- Take ownership of our device management system (ABM/Mosyle) and lead us into the next phase of our Zero-trust initiative
- Collaborate with our compliance team to define and implement security best practices in our diverse environments such as Google Workspaces, AWS, Cloudflare, Slack, Jira
- Evaluate and recommend new technology solutions that will improve efficiency and productivity
- Provide IT and procurement support to the current organization (Toronto HQ) and its expansion (worldwide hubs). You'll make sure our new employees have a seamless technical onboarding experience.
- Improve the in-office experience through technological means
- Be an advocate for all things IT and Security at Relay. Tell us how you would reduce shadow IT!
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience in IT, developing and implementing IT changes. We are looking for builders: incremental changes or major initiatives. Think ‘opening up 4 satellite offices’, changing MDM solutions, etc.
- You're familiar with our tech stack: Apple environment (ABM), MDM (Mosyle), Ubiquity, email security (DMARC, SPF, DKIM)
- You have strong knowledge of AV systems and use this knowledge to create a world-class in-office experience
- You're automation-driven. Think small teams, high impact: tell us how to leverage systems to accelerate our velocity.
- You're an owner. You will be responsible for core systems upon which the organization depends on.
- You're curious. The IT and security landscape isn’t static, and neither should you be!
- You're a team player. Our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly - we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help.
- Show us your home lab! We have Ubiquity gears everywhere and we like to geek out on our K8s clusters that control in-house experience
- You’ve joined a company at its early stages and have seen it through scale
- You have experience working in a fintech startup
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Our Commitment To You
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in the office and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your furry friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent Team
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Senior Engineering Manager, Trust
- Stage 3: A 45-minute case study presentation with members of the Trust team, followed by a 30-minute conversation with the Head of Engineering
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.