Senior Demand Generation Manager
Sales & Business Development
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Saturday, August 26, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Reporting to our Director, Growth Marketing, the Senior Demand Generation Manager sits on the Growth Marketing team and is responsible for creating and scaling our channel and segment marketing strategy, focused on driving demand and generating high-quality leads. You will be responsible for working closely with Marketing and Sales teams to align efforts, using data to measure and improve the performance of our campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have experience in demand generation, including paid digital and account-based marketing strategies. You are a data-driven marketer and have strong communication skills. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can manage several complex projects across different teams and timelines.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work cross-functionally to plan, launch and track acquisition campaigns for accountants and other channel partners through a variety of channels (e.g. email, events, webinars, paid social, paid search, etc.)
- Own full funnel strategy, channel mix, nurtures and CRO for our partner channel strategy to drive high-quality leads
- Partner with the Sales and RevOps teams to hand off leads while continually optimizing lead quality to drive funnel efficiency and revenue growth
- Define our MQL targets and own the performance of sales-assisted channels, acting as a liaison between the Sales and Marketing functions
- Test and scale new B2B marketing channels such as account-based marketing and direct mail
- Build deep and differentiated relationships across our partner ecosystem. Identify and nurture long-term partnerships that drive meaningful funnel growth
Who You Are:
- You have 6+ years of experience in marketing with 4+ years working in growth marketing or demand generation
- You have experience working cross-functionally with other go-to-market (GTM) teams such as Sales, Data and RevOps
- You have hands-on experience managing various online and offline marketing channels to engage leads
- You know how to test, analyze and optimize campaigns with the goal of improving lead quality and efficiency
- You’re proficient in working with data to derive insights that shape strategy and tactics
- You have experience with marketing technology stacks like Salesforce, Google Analytics, Adwords, Hubspot, along with varied CMS, lead nurturing and landing page software
- You have a strong grasp of current digital marketing strategies with direct experience designing and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns
- You’re able to deploy experiments and plan for optimizations of active campaigns
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You live in Toronto or the GTA; we work in the office two days a week!
- You have experience working with SMBs
- You've worked for a scaling fintech company
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid working environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer bi-weekly catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent team
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Director, Growth Marketing
- Stage 3: A take-home case study followed by a 1-hour presentation of your solution to our Marketing team
- Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with Relay’s CEO
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.