Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
You will be a member of the People team dedicated to creating the space and place for everyone on the team to do the best and most fulfilling work of their careers. Our goal is ambitious, and we are growing the People team to fulfill this dream and provide an incredible, dare we say, world class, people experience for all Relayers. You’ll be a founding member of our Talent Retention practice and given our hybrid workplace strategy (2 days a week in office) play a critical role in developing that in-office experience. If you care deeply about experiences, love to delight teams and are creative and flexible, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing
- Keep the office running smoothly so that all teams can stay focused on driving Relay forward
- Ensure the team has what they need to be productive, whether that’s a dedicated workspace, free-flowing coffee, delicious snacks, etc
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires - from helping make sure equipment arrives to their homes to a warm welcome on Day 1 (and beyond)
- Serve as the point person for inter-office event planning. If there’s an office party or a team off-site, you will take the lead in booking accommodations, working with the social committee on all the details, etc
- Manage vendor relationships for servicing the office space
- Greet new team members and delight all who come to visit our office
- As a hybrid company, we have to get the office environment right. The stakes are high! You will be at the organizational heart of the Toronto office and do whatever you can to make sure our workplace runs efficiently and fosters community and collaboration
Who You Are
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- You're highly collaborative and willing to speak up and help out whenever needed
- You're adaptable and can rise to a challenge and handle change and uncertainty at times - we are a scale up after all!
- You take pride in your work and have a “Get Stuff Done” mentality. No problem is too small and no project is too big for them to knock out of the park
- Given the role, you will be required to be “in office” a minimum of 2 days per week and as the team grows, that may expand to 4 days per week
- You’ve joined a company at its early stages and have seen it through scale
- You’ve been part of a people experience team before
Our Commitment to you
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in the office two times a week and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your furry friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with the Hiring Manager
Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with two members of the People Team
Stage 3: A case study exercise presented to two members of the Team
Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with the CEO of Relay
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications; if you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.