Content Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Last year, we laid the foundations for scaling Relay’s content and grew meaningful organic traffic by more than 10x. And we’re just scratching the surface. We’re looking for a creative, impact-oriented, critically-thinking Content Marketing Manager who’s eager to join a team already on a strong trajectory and can push us even further.
Reporting to the Content Marketing Lead, this role will join a high-performing team of marketers and creatives. We’re looking for someone who knows how to bring timely, high-quality content to life, who knows how to operationalize content production, who’s excited to contribute to our multimedia content strategy, including audio and video, and who can support the development of an always-on content engine. If you can speak to a track record of driving meaningful business growth as a result of the above, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- In collaboration with the Content Lead, develop and execute Relay’s content strategy and build fresh, creative content that deeply engages our SMB audience and supports acquisition
- Collaborate with Relay team members within marketing and other departments to execute on content to drive growth goals
- Build content production systems that enable us to scale up foundational and campaign content that meaningfully contributes to growth goals
- Work closely with Relay’s Brand Design Lead to bring content campaigns to life in collaboration with internal and external resources, lead and support a variety of content types—from thought leadership to SEO, social media, webinars, web copy, employer brand and video
- Manage the editorial calendar and work to maximize Relay’s content distribution
- Help onboard, manage, direct, and inspire a team of external writers and contractors to deliver best-in-class content for our audience
- Measure, optimize, and report on content performance
- Source, develop, and refine content about Relay’s brand, product, customers, and industry
- Develop deep product and industry expertise to thoughtfully and authentically steer Relay’s content for SMBs
- Flex your writing and editorial muscles to ensure that everything Relay’s internal teams and external influencers produce is on-brand, on-point, and delights our audience
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years of combined experience in marketing, content management, or editorial
- You’re a strong project manager with a proven ability to prioritize tasks that maximize your impact while working independently
- You have experience interviewing subject matter experts and leveraging their input and perspective to develop authentic, informed content
- You are genuinely excited about creating inspiring, helpful content for our user base and wider market, and you care deeply about small businesses and their owners/operators
- You're creative and know how to leverage established tactics, but you can also think beyond the "playbook" to bring creative new ideas for growth
- A storyteller at heart; you understand the power of narrative in shaping content strategy and leverage that to tell diverse stories
- An exceptional writer, you love to perfect your craft and can coach others on their writing. You can adapt your tone and style depending on the audience and type of asset being created
- Committed to driving meaningful marketing impact through content; you understand how content fits in the marketing funnel, and continually deepen your skill set in key performance areas like SEO, conversion-rate optimization, and content distribution
- You're process-driven and can push projects forward internally and when working with partners
- You're data-driven and can use data/analytics to measure the impact of your work and then use it to iterate based on its impact on our funnel
- You have familiarity with keyword research and SEO software (e.g. Ahrefs, Google Search Console, Clearscope)
- You live in Toronto or the GTA; we work in the office two days a week!
- You have a background in crafting content about small business cash flow and money management
- You have experience storytelling in audio and/or visual formats in addition to writing (for example, you’ve produced videos or podcasts)
- You have experience working at a startup or high-growth environment
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway, and together we'll figure out if this is the best role for you!
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your furry friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
- Stage 1: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the People Team
- Stage 2: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with the Content Marketing Lead
- Stage 3: A take-home case study followed by a 1-hour presentation of your solution to our Marketing team
- Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with the CEO of Relay
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.