Director of Revenue Operations
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth. We’re looking for a Director of Revenue Operations to help us scale our Operations and Sales engine. This is a unique opportunity to design, build, and optimize a best-in-class revenue engine. This person will work closely with sales, marketing, customer success, and finance to streamline processes, improve efficiency, deliver data-driven insights, and drive revenue growth.
Joining Relay means an opportunity to make a huge impact in building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. If you thrive on growth and solving real customer problems, we want to hear from you! Please note that we are a hybrid environment and choose to collaborate in the office twice a week.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and lead a high-performance RevOps team to collaborate with sales, marketing, customer success, and finance teams to develop and execute revenue growth plans
- Develop and implement processes and tools that improve efficiency, productivity, and overall revenue performance
- Manage reporting on the sales pipeline, including tracking and reporting on progress, identifying trends, and optimizing conversion rates
- Create and implement sales forecasting models to provide visibility into revenue performance and inform decision-making
- Design and implement incentive programs that align with company goals and objectives
- Continuously assess and improve upon the technology and systems used to manage revenue operations
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity across all revenue-related systems and processes
What Success Looks Like:
- Create and execute on a vision that streamlines end to end revenue processes from lead awareness all the way to account opening, activation and expansion
- Work closely with peers in enablement, data analytics, sales, marketing, customer success, and finance to align on revenue objectives, streamline processes, and improve collaboration across the organization
- Build and maintain the full tech stack across Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, ensuring each team has the right tools to succeed
- Build a quarterly RevOps roadmap prioritizing the highest priority opportunities/issues and communicate ongoing progress against the roadmap
- Implement and enforce data quality controls to ensure that data is relevant, accurate and reliable
- Work closely with our product marketing, data analytics and enablement teams to measure the success of new products as they come to market, allowing the business to iterate and improve on gaps across the revenue funnel quickly
- Partner with enablement to build a quarterly enablement roadmap addressing key enablement needs across go-to-market teams
- Lead, mentor, and develop a team of revenue operations professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and growth
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in revenue operations, working with Sales, Success & Marketing teams, and systems in a B2B environment
- Previous experience working in a scale-up environment (100+ people, $20m+ ARR), preferably in SaaS or FinTech, with experience managing at least 2 people
- Strong consultation skills with the ability to assess complex environments; diagnose challenges/opportunities from first principles; and to develop prioritized plans
- Expert level understanding of core go-to-market systems (i.e. Salesforce, Groove, Hubspot, Segment, Iterable, etc.) and the architectural requirements to create a world-class tech stack
- Strong analytical skills and ability to use data to drive decision-making.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and functions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need
- 3 weeks vacation + end of year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your furry friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity
- Top-tier equipment: we’re a Mac environment and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun
The Interview Process:
Stage 1: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the Talent Team
Stage 2: A 60-minute Google Meets video call with Relay’s CEO
Stage 3: A take-home case study on how you would approach Revenue Operations at Relay, followed by a presentation to members of the Operations team in a 60-minute Google Meets video call
Stage 4: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with Relay’s Head of Engineering
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway, and together we'll figure out if this is the best role for you!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.