Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
Relay is entering an exciting new chapter of growth. We’re looking for a Risk Strategist to help us scale our Risk engine. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in mitigating Relay and our customers' exposure to fraud loss by leveling up our risk policies and processes while maintaining a best-in-class customer experience.
Joining Relay means an opportunity to make a huge impact in building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. If you thrive on growth and solving real customer problems, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Analyze historical data to develop fraud rules to mitigate and prevent fraud losses to our business
- Work with third-party vendors to implement fraud rules and automation that strengthen our risk controls
- Monitor fraud trends and rule performance to identify gaps and vulnerabilities in our system
- Collaborate with Product, Data and Engineering teams to build new tools to enhance fraud mitigation
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years of experience in fraud, risk, or a related field
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills and enjoy using data to back up assumptions and make recommendations that drive decision making
- You love contributing to the development of a risk function, which may include things like process improvements, documentation, and developing standardized procedures
- You're highly collaborative and know how to connect the dots between teams, and manage cross-functional initiatives and deadlines
- You have advanced SQL skills and experience in applying these skills to improve and monitor business performance
- You are a builder who is energized by working in a fast-paced, scrappy environment
- You have proficiency with Python
- You have experience implementing new fraud detection technology from a Product Manager point of view
- You’ve joined a company at its early stages and have seen it through scale
- You have experience working in a fintech startup
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway, and together we'll figure out if this is the best role for you!
Our Commitment to you:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- Considerable vacation/end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.