Senior Full Stack Engineer
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2023
Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
We’re looking for a focused Senior Full Stack Engineer, who loves delivering robust code and shipping frequently. You'll make high-impact decisions daily and have a dedicated interest to help shape the future of Relay and build a product our customers love. This is an opportunity to work across our full product suite and drive new and existing product features from start to finish. If you're looking for an opportunity to build a best-in-class banking product that is changing the way SMBs succeed apply now!
What You'll be Doing:
- Be involved in the full development lifecycle - design, development, testing, and operating in products that meaningfully improve our customers’ lives
- Manage infrastructure development and operations and support the availability and performance of production systems
- Develop testing strategies to ensure product quality is up to standard
- Participate in agile project planning and work with product management to plan features and estimate their complexity and timelines
- Proactively identify and prioritize improvements to the team’s processes, codebases, and best practices
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure we're creating the right solutions that meet customer and business needs
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a full-stack software engineering or developer position, preferably in the tech start-up universe
- You have working knowledge of AWS services (ECS, S3, RDS, Dynamo, Lambda) and continuous deployment pipelines using CircleCI
- You're perpetually curious and always learning - whether about the latest languages, frameworks, best practices, or the tech industry in general
- You can rise to a challenge and handle change and uncertainty at times - we are a startup after all!
- You're a team player - our team is small and mighty, and we collaborate constantly - we want someone who is always willing to pitch in and isn’t afraid to ask for help
- You're a self-starter, a problem-solver, a creative thinker, and you're not afraid to share your ideas and provide and receive feedback
Our Tech Stack:
- Front-end: React, Typescript, Redux, Redux-Saga, React Native
- Back-end: Node.js, Typescript, Terraform, AWS (DynamoDB, RDS Postgres, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS, SES, ElasticSearch, ECS)
- Tools: GitHub, GitHub Actions, Docker, CircleCI, Jira, Datadog, Metabase, VS Code
- Integrations: Plaid, QuickBooks, Xero, Gusto, Yodlee, Finicity, Castle, Sardine, Middesk, Vero
Our Commitment To You:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- 3 weeks vacation + end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your fury friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’re a Mac environment and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
The Interview Process:
Stage 1: A 45-minute Google Meets video call with a member of the People Team
Stage 2: A 2-hour Google Meets video call with the Engineering Team; 1-hour for a work experience deep dive and 1-hour for a technical assessment
Stage 3: A 30-minute Google Meets video call with the CEO of Relay
Research shows that women-identifying and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they meet 100% of the qualifications. If you don't have all the listed qualifications, we encourage you to apply anyway, and together we'll figure out if this is the best role for you!
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
See more open positions at Relay
Something looks off?