Software Developer Co-Op - Winter 2024
Recollective is the world’s leading online qualitative research platform. Over the past decade we’ve worked with some of the largest and most ambitious organizations to help them engage communities to better understand stakeholder behaviours and gain valuable and actionable customer insights.
With an award-winning suite of powerful research functionalities supported by highly skilled in-house research and service professionals, Recollective makes it easy for our customers to conduct their online research. Whether as a fully customizable DIY solution or implemented with the support of our growing network of global service partners, Recollective is in use at thousands of organizations around the world.
As a fast growing tech company located in Ottawa, Canada, we have very ambitious goals and we’re not slowing down. We like to dream big, get things done and have fun while doing it. Interested? Apply today!
Find out more about us and our story here!
Why Choose Recollective?
At Recollective, we are looking for students currently enrolled at the University of Ottawa or Carleton University to join us for the Winter term (January-April) 2024. We encourage talented, motivated, hard-working individuals who are not afraid to be challenged to apply. At Recollective, you'll work with and alongside our growing Engineering team who will help you discover how academic theories apply in real-world work environments. From your work experience with our talented development and technical team, you'll develop professional references and enhance your qualifications. And the best part is…we have fun doing some serious work!
This role would be perfect for you if you are in the final 2 years of your program.
Scope of the Role
What would your time as a co-op student in our Engineering team look like?
You can expect to:
- Contribute as a junior full stack developer to the Recollective product
- Learn or expand your knowledge of Vue.js version 3
- Collaborate closely with full time developers, testers, and other coop students as part of a small and growing Engineering team
- Gain experience in the development and maintenance of a cloud-based SaaS platform
Required skills and experience
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree or diploma program in the final 2 years of study, specializing in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, Information Technology, or a related tech field.
What are we looking for in an ideal candidate?
- Strong software development and programming skills that have been demonstrated in other co-op terms
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with a demonstrated ability for team collaboration
- Self starter; possessing a strong work ethic and creative problem solving skills
- Nice to have technology experience: HTML, CSS, AWS, MySQL
At Recollective, we are committed to creating a flexible workplace that enables people to be successful at work and in life outside of work. In this role, we would like to see you work from the office at least once per week to collaborate with colleagues but otherwise it is your option to work from home or from the office.
Take a 3D tour of our beautiful, new head office in downtown Ottawa (World Exchange Plaza).
What We Can Offer You!
When you join Recollective, you become part of a friendly, welcoming culture that we are particularly proud of. Choose to build your career with us at Recollective and here’s what you can expect…
- We communicate constantly, openly and honestly; our CEO hosts company-wide meetings twice per week and candidly shares important business updates
- We do what’s right for our customers and then some so they come back and bring friends
- We have fun doing serious work
- We seek new ways to grow the company and each other
- We embrace flexibility, fairness and equality
- We learn and get better from every experience
- Competitive compensation
Recollective is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities and racialized people, people from gender and sexually diverse communities.
We want to be sure that everyone is able to participate fully and equally in our selection process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require any special accommodation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our company, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team.