Renewal Account Manager
Who We Are
Recollective is the world’s leading online qualitative research platform. Over the past decade, we've worked with some of the largest and most ambitious organizations to help them engage with their target audiences to gain valuable and actionable insight.
With an award-winning suite of powerful research functionalities supported by highly skilled in-house research and service professionals, Recollective makes it easy for our customers to conduct their research online. Whether as a fully customizable DIY solution or implemented with the support of our growing network of global service partners, Recollective is in use at thousands of organizations around the world.
As a fast growing tech company located in Ottawa, Canada, we have very ambitious goals and we’re not slowing down. We like to dream big, get things done and have fun while doing it. Interested? Apply today!
Find out more about us and our story here!
Who You Are
We are looking for someone who is dedicated, motivated and experienced to lead our Renewals team at Recollective.
You are someone who is passionate about:
- Driving to succeed: You thrive on not only achieving your growth targets, but exceeding them. You are relentless about delivering on your commitments and strive for high achievement. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes.
- Innovation: You are passionate about creating and driving new ways to reach and engage our customers. You’re obsessed with trying to find new ways to expand Recollective’s reach to include adjacent teams and offices within a customer’s organization.
- Building Relationships: You understand how critical it is to establish and maintain high-level relationships with existing customers to identify and implement new ways to use Recollective that drive mutually beneficial additional business.
- Delighting the Customer: You are driven by the desire to solve real problems for real people and being their advocate in the company.
The role may also include the opportunity to take part in wider business development initiatives such as attending industry conferences.
As the Renewals Lead, you will play a crucial role in the ongoing success of Recollective; renewals account for more than half of the company’s annual revenue and are the foundation for many of our largest customers. Working within our Account Management team, you will be responsible for managing the renewal of all customer long term licenses, meeting renewal rate and revenue growth targets. As the volume of renewal customers grows, you will be responsible for building, training and managing a team of renewal sales reps to ensure the operation demand continues to be met.
Day to day, you will collaborate with a global team of Account Managers to prepare for renewal negotiations, address any process requirements and close the renewal sale. You will work closely with the Recollective Infosec, Legal and Operations teams to ensure new requirements or contractual obligations are fully understood and can be met. You will support the Finance team in their day to day operations to properly invoice and collect payments for renewal licenses.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Proactively manage the end-to-end renewal order process for all customers who possess a long term license with Recollective
- Analyze customer usage data and engagement metrics to tailor renewal proposals and strategies that align with each customer's unique goals
- Collaborate with the customer’s Account Manager and Director of Accounts Management to identify opportunities for upselling or cross-selling additional services
- Negotiate renewal terms, pricing and contract amendments whilst maximizing customer retention and annual sales
- Communicate with Account Managers to stay aligned on the status of the renewal negotiation and resolve any barriers to renewal
- Collaborate with other internal teams including Infosec, Legal, Operations and Finance to ensure a seamless renewal experience for customers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of customer interactions, renewals and communications within Recollective’s CRM system and maintain proper forecasting data
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of managing customer renewals for large SaaS software sales, negotiating contract terms and pricing
- Accountability for driving sustainable customer growth, exceeding sales goals and achieving double-digit year over year increases in revenue
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills working at C-Suite level and below, with the ability to build lasting relationships with customers and internal stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify opportunities for revenue growth and develop pricing strategies
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple renewals simultaneously
- Track record building and managing a small, focused team of sales professionals
- Experience in a procurement or legal position (or similar formal training) is desirable
- English language and excellent written skills are a mandatory requirement
This position is open to all applicants located in Canada, although preference will be given to those located in Ottawa and those willing to work within the Eastern Time Zone.
We offer supportive and flexible work arrangements to all our employees - a mix of in-office and virtual.
Take a 3D tour of our beautiful, new head office in downtown Ottawa (World Exchange Plaza).
What We Can Offer You!
When you join Recollective, you become part of a friendly, welcoming culture that we are particularly proud of. Choose to build your career with us at Recollective and here’s what you can expect…
- We communicate constantly, openly and honestly; our CEO hosts company-wide meetings twice per week and candidly shares important business updates
- We do what’s right for our customers and then some so they come back and bring friends
- We have fun doing serious work
- We seek new ways to grow the company and each other
- We embrace flexibility, fairness and equality
- We learn and get better from every experience
- We offer competitive compensation and reward people based on performance
- Comprehensive health benefits including a generous healthcare spending account (Health, dental, vision etc.)
- 4 weeks' vacation and 3 personal days each year
- RRSP matching and much more..
Recollective is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities and racialized people, people from gender and sexually diverse communities.
We want to be sure that everyone is able to participate fully and equally in our selection process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require any special accommodation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our company, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team.