Senior Full Stack Developer
Recollective is a SaaS web application looking to dominate the online research space through innovative features and industry-leading usability. If you're passionate about web applications and like small agile teams—where you can make a significant impact—then Recollective is for you.
We are currently seeking top-calibre full stack developers with significant experience in Java and modern frontend frameworks like Vue or React.
We love building solutions that bring people together to connect, engage and collaborate with intuitive ease and reliability. The company was founded in 1998 but we pivoted to build and launch Recollective in 2010 and have been iterating it ever since.
Recollective has now been deployed by over 1000 of the world's top research agencies and brands to conduct qualitative research in nearly every industry from automotive, apparel, banking, beverages, consumer packaged goods, e-commerce, education, energy, entertainment, financial services, food, government, gaming, healthcare, hospitality, insurance, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, publishing, real-estate, retail, services, telecommunications, transportation, toys and technology.
Find out more about us and our story here!
Scope of the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Developer who will be responsible for software development and maintenance for our cloud based online research platform. You will participate in the definition of needs and solutions, investigate, and solve various problems, code and test the functionalities of the software that you develop or maintain. You will have opportunities to contribute in a broad range of areas technically and throughout the product.
In this role you will:
- Drive mission-critical projects with direct impact on the evolution of Recollective's business
- Contribute to new platform features and capabilities
- Help define new patterns for the continued evolution of the Recollective platform
- Collaborate on continuous improvements of system security, scalability, and maintainability
- Be a key part of our growing engineering team
This Role may be for you if…
- You are a problem solver who does not shy away from tackling complexity and critical thinking
- You have a strong will to learn, grow and get out of your comfort zone
- You have a great energy and passion for technology but also value the collaboration that goes into building great software
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of solid software development experience with a mix of frontend and backend technologies
- Strong Java development skills and recent experience with one or more of Vue, React, Angular
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experienced with the utilization of Spring Frameworks, Web Services and API’s
- Proven hands-on web application development experience, ideally SaaS
- Experience developing and consuming REST APIs
- Solid understanding of relational databases (SQL, MySQL, etc)
- Secure coding practices, including spring security, and knowledge of common OWASP security findings
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience is an asset
- Familiarity with Gradle, Maven and Github is an asset
- Experience with Docker is an asset
This position is open to all applicants located in Canada, although strong preference will be given to those located in Ottawa and those willing to work within the Eastern Time Zone.
We offer supportive and flexible work arrangements to all our employees - a mix of in-office and virtual.
Take a 3D tour of our beautiful, new head office in downtown Ottawa (World Exchange Plaza).
What We Can Offer You!
When you join Recollective, you become part of a friendly, welcoming culture that we are particularly proud of. Choose to build your career with us at Recollective and here’s what you can expect…
- We communicate constantly, openly and honestly; our CEO hosts company-wide meetings twice per week and candidly shares important business updates
- We do what’s right for our customers and then some so they come back and bring friends
- We have fun doing serious work
- We seek new ways to grow the company and each other
- We embrace flexibility, fairness and equality
- We learn and get better from every experience
- Competitive compensation
- Superior health benefits (Health, dental, vision etc.)
- RRSP matching and much more
Recollective is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities and racialized people, people from gender and sexually diverse communities.
We want to be sure that everyone is able to participate fully and equally in our selection process. If you are selected for an interview, please let us know if you require any special accommodation.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our company, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team.