Laboratory Technician - Clinical Proteomics
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Laboratory Technician, Clinical Proteomics
(Onsite - Kitchener, ON, Canada)
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Laboratory Technician with a background in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular biology. The role will be positioned in a regulated lab focussed on providing reliable, accurate and timely results to doctors and patients. It will present a rare opportunity to gain experience in a clinical proteomics lab setting.
Rapid Novor helps researchers decode immunity so they can rapidly and effortlessly develop diagnostics, therapies, reagents, and treatments. Through antibody discovery and antibody sequencing services we have empowered thousands of researchers. The innovative next generation protein sequencing technology we’ve developed has the potential to unlock countless discoveries for human health.
Located at Catalyst137 - a world-class, growth-oriented, start-up and enterprise hub - our team members work with an array of experts in science and business, who will provide mentorship and coaching to the successful candidate, as they learn how to support the largest privately-owned mass spectrometry lab in Canada.
- Conduct sample intake, sample preparation and MS analysis in accordance with defined SOPs.
- Manage movement of samples through all points in the sample preparation workflow, including sample intake, accessioning and sample storage.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant requirements of the QA system-high attention to detail is required to ensure that results produced are accurate and reliable.
- Maintain and update all necessary QA documentation.
- Operate and maintain MS and accessory lab equipment. Troubleshoot technical and process issues in collaboration with lab team members.
- Provide support to the R&D team when necessary.
- Maintain good laboratory records.
- Post-Secondary degree in a related field: chemistry, biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology, with at least 1-year post-degree lab experience.
- Willingness to perform routine tasks while focusing on reproducibility and accuracy.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of common lab equipment (pipette, pH meter, centrifuge, balance etc.) as well as common lab techniques.
- Ability to work as a team and to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with proteomics sample preparation.
- Hands on experience with Orbitrap LCMS systems.
- Experience working in a regulated/medical lab environment.
- Medical Lab Assistant or similar certification.
This role is full time, 40hrs per week, and may require the successful candidate to work some weekends - we will give reasonable notice of any weekend requirements and flexibility to substitute with other days off later in the week.
- Impactful and lasting innovation.
- Commitment to reliability.
- Dedication to expertise.
- Collective achievement and mutual respect.
Do you possess these qualities? If so, we want to hear from you!
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rapid Novor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/ expression, transgender, family/marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, provincial, or local law.
We acknowledge and are mindful that our Kitchener, Ontario operations are located on the traditional lands of the Haudenosaunee of the Six Nations of the Grand River, and are within the territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. We acknowledge the enduring presence, knowledge and philosophies of Indigenous Peoples living here today, and the continuing accomplishments and contributions Indigenous Peoples make in shaping the Waterloo Region.
Rapid Novor strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may need it. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com