Biological Scientist - Senior Scientist, Proteomic Mass Spectrometry
Rapid Novor Inc
Senior Scientist – Proteomic Mass Spectrometry
Kitchener, ON, Canada / Onsite.
$90,000 - $130,000
We are seeking to hire an experienced professional to take on the role of Senior Scientist in proteomic mass spectrometry. The candidate will conduct research to create new products and intellectual properties in the company’s strategic direction. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with some of the most renowned proteomics and bioinformatics experts, have direct access to the state-of-the-art mass spec facility, and advance their career together with the rapid growth of the company.
Rapid Novor is a pioneer in protein de novo sequencing based on mass spectrometry. The company provides protein sequencing solutions to biopharma and biotech companies around the globe. The company’s mass spec facility includes over a dozen high-end mass spectrometers. The company is expanding service offerings based on its leading proprietary sequencing platform, including a clinical test for multiple myeloma. We have tremendous growth potential, and we are looking for the right person to help our dedicated team take the company to the next level.
The Senior Scientist is expected to conduct research in proteomics to develop new mass spectrometry-based methods, products and intellectual properties for protein sequencing and clinical proteomics. In addition, the candidate is expected to contribute to the smooth operation of the company’s mass spec facility and product line.
- R&D to create patentable IP and products in the company’s strategic directions.
- Contribute to the maintenance and operation of the mass spec facility.
- Work with relevant regulatory bodies to obtain certificates for company’s diagnostic and CRO products.
- Work with customers on selected custom research projects.
- Participate in technical support to the sales team.
- Knowledge sharing and junior member mentoring.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Ph.D. degree in protein chemistry or proteomic mass spectrometry.
- Expertise in the whole process of IP creation as demonstrated by granted patents and their related commercialization.
- Expertise in dealing with regulators as demonstrated by successful FDA (or equivalent regulatory bodies) submissions.
- At least five years of industrial experience in mass spectrometry.
- Hands-on experience in using and maintaining a variety of MS instruments including Thermo Fisher Orbitrap Fusion Tribrid series and Q-Exactive series.
- Extensive knowledge in peptide or protein LC-MS separation and data analysis; LC-MS method development and method optimization; sample preparation in a proteomics context and for PTM analysis; peptide chemistry; both nano and high flow rate LC-MS.
- Strong interpersonal skill and a team player.
- Impactful and lasting innovation
- Commitment to reliability
- Dedication to expertise
- Collective achievement and mutual respect
Do you possess these qualities? If so, we want to hear from you!
Apply at: https://rapidnovor.humi.ca/job-board
We thank everyone for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rapid Novor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/ expression, transgender, family/marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, provincial, or local law.
We acknowledge and are mindful that our Kitchener, Ontario operations are located on the traditional lands of the Haudenosaunee of the Six Nations of the Grand River, and are within the territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabe, and Haudenosaunee peoples. We acknowledge the enduring presence, knowledge and philosophies of Indigenous Peoples living here today, and the continuing accomplishments and contributions Indigenous Peoples make in shaping the Waterloo Region.
Rapid Novor strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may need it. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please email email@example.com
In addition to a competitive salary, Rapid Novor offers a range of competitive benefits, including company-paid Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, prescription, vision, life, ltd, ad&d, for team members and their dependent coverage), Retirement Savings plans (with Company match), Employee & Family Assistance Plan, as well as complimentary access to a suite of online career development/training resources!