Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have since grown into a stable of businesses: Tucows Domains, Ting Internet and Wavelo.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the Internet!
Today, over one thousand people work in over 20 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
Are you looking for a position where you can seed innovation and creativity?
Is it important for you to be a part of a dynamic, fast-paced, successful and stable company with a flexible work environment?
The DevOps Tools and Automation Team is looking for the right developer with a strong system administration background to join our team. A successful candidate will be creating and building internal tools and APIs to enable our Continuous Deployment systems to efficiently manage our compute, network, and storage platforms.
- Duties and responsibilities:
- Leverage extensive AWS cloud experience in a production environment (e.g., network, security, deployment, automation, serverless technologies)
- Utilize a deep understanding of SRE principles for highly scalable and reliable systems
- Build relationships, and work in collaboration with team members, stakeholders, product owners, and technical team leads.
- Help enhance processes, communication, and delivery through new norms that improve how work is done — from discovery to delivery
- Design and implement end-to-end continuous delivery pipelines
- Maintain and improve existing deployment tools.
- Qualifications and experience:
- 6+ years as an Infrastructure Transition SME with expertise in both SysOps and DevOps
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and containerization technologies (Kubernetes)
- Experience with scripting and automation using tools like PowerShell, Python, or Bash
- In-depth understanding of DevOps principles and experience with cloud automation tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex cloud infrastructure issues
- Excellent understanding of cloud security concepts and hands-on experience with security controls and practices in a cloud environment
- 1+ year of Project management experience and familiarity with ITIL practices
Nice to have skills and experience:
- Familiarity with Hashicorp products, specifically Vault
- Familiarity with Openstack/Proxmox
- Understanding of LDAP/IdP solutions
- Understanding of monitoring implementation using Cloudwatch or On-Prem solutions. ElasticSearch, Zabbix and Grafana
The base salary range for this position is $97,600.00 - $114,800.00/yr USD for US residents OR $83,400.00 - $98,100.00/yr CAD for Canadian residents. Other countries will differ. Range may vary on a number of factors including, but not limited to: location, experience and qualifications. Tucows believes in a total rewards offering that includes fair compensation and generous benefits. Learn more about Tucows Benefits. Want to know more about what we stand for? At Tucows we care about protecting the open Internet, narrowing the digital divide, and supporting fairness and equality.
We also know that diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Tucows and its subsidiaries participate in the E-verify program for all US employees.
Learn more about Tucows, our businesses, culture and employee benefits on our site here.